Author Topic: Wanted-TLS brake abutment pads  (Read 661 times)

Offline BSA500

• Resident Legend
  • Tonbridge,Kent,UK
Wanted-TLS brake abutment pads
« on: 29.09. 2015 08:41 »
Hi,
I am in urgent need of 2 brake abutment pads for the 1968 TLS brake part number 37-2026. They are part number 12 & 32  in the attached link. Seems I have been riding around without these for 20 years *eek*. I have always thought the brake wasn't a good as it could be.

https://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/bsa/bsa/a50-a-a65/1968/category/304-front-wheel-ally

thanks in advance
Andy

1960 A7 (57 motor to SS spec)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Wanted-TLS brake abutment pads
« Reply #1 on: 29.09. 2015 15:47 »

Is it possible you could make some? I made some similar for my Gutzzi ages ago (doesn't usually use them) to rectify a similar problem. There was discussion fairly recently someone also had I think a similar with an earlier wheel- I think the early A65 had a part that rectified it *????* I guess you need something to work from...I have a '69 wheel I can pull them out of and take pics and measure if that's any help ? Maybe tomorrow arvo or next day??
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline BSA500

• Resident Legend
  • Tonbridge,Kent,UK
« Reply #2 on: 29.09. 2015 16:16 »

Is it possible you could make some? I made some similar for my Gutzzi ages ago (doesn't usually use them) to rectify a similar problem. There was discussion fairly recently someone also had I think a similar with an earlier wheel- I think the early A65 had a part that rectified it *????* I guess you need something to work from...I have a '69 wheel I can pull them out of and take pics and measure if that's any help ? Maybe tomorrow arvo or next day??

Dutch,
Hold fire for now I may have a supplier who can get them in I am waiting to see how long it may take. I can get them from the US if desperate. Thanks for the offer don't go pulling it apart unless you have to they sulk and don't work again  *smile*

1960 A7 (57 motor to SS spec)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 05.10. 2015 00:41 »
 I thought I added this yesterday, so will anyway- and on the other page.

I used the piece of paper and folded it around to;-
....show how a flat piece of 1/16" (1.6mm) sheet would look before folding, but if I had to make them, I'd use a bit of 1" SS RHS and fettle/'humour'  the folds *smile*

I'll post it in your other thread too...when I find it

edit; found it.....
http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=9846.0
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia