Author Topic: new member intro  (Read 1072 times)

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: new member intro
« Reply #15 on: 22.07. 2015 10:43 »
Topdad is offering to run the evil eye over it for you. But I spose if it's already paid for.
I met a fellow on the Isle who hired a bike in Germany to ride over. It cost him $5K for 4 weeks. It was going to cost $4K to get his bike there and back but it had to leave 6 weeks prior and return 7 weeks after him. A lot of time to be without a bike. Members up there would be used to that (winter) but not us lucky bugga's.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline markyboy64

• Moving Up
Re: new member intro
« Reply #16 on: 25.07. 2015 13:25 »
There you go, so "Musky" is Muskrat. I should have picked up on that.
Yes, the bikes already paid for and I have put my faith in the shop proprietor.
As I mentioned, he seems straight up, so it's often the only way. You gotta trust people sooner or later.
And then sometimes, bad luck can't be avoided. I remember selling a TZ350 Yamaha to a chap in New Zealand which had just a fresh motor installed.
Competed with it at the Bathhurst Easter Road Races. Crated it up straight after and sent it to NZ. The guy unpacked it, ran it once and it locked up on him.
I felt bad, but it is a race bike that didn't have warranty even when bought from Yamaha. All's I know is it was sold jn the best condition I could present it in.
That's used motorbikes sometimes. We all know stories along those lines.