Author Topic: A recollection  (Read 354 times)

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
A recollection
« on: 21.06. 2015 21:00 »
Prompted by beezermacc's 'selfie' post recalling a BSAOC rally...

Many, many years ago I was on holiday in Germany.  In Cochem to be precise, walking by the river with my (soon to be) wife on a sunny afternoon.  She was aware that I had a keen interest in motorcycles and was only a little surprised when I said, before we had any sight of it, "Did you hear that?  It's a BSA A10 coming down the road."  Sure enough, shortly afterwards a very well used red, plunger A10 pulled up at the kerb close to where we were standing and I had a chance to speak to the rider.

It was more than a coincidence, as the rider was Dave Noon from the same South London BSAOC group I had been attending.  Dave was on his way home from that year's international rally in Czechoslovakia (when it still existed) and we were in Cochem for just that single afternoon.

edit: Thinking back, Dave was part of the Kent BSAOC group but I had met him through the South London branch that used to meet in Acuba Road, Earlsfield (together with a  Triumph group, the church hall split down the middle for the evening).
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS