Author Topic: Me and the Star Twin in Ohio  (Read 2321 times)

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
Me and the Star Twin in Ohio
« on: 02.09. 2006 22:51 »
Hi Guys heres a pic of me and my 49 Star Twin at the BSAOCOV rally last week.  I am just heading out on the Lucas reliabity run.  Its a ride where you go somewhere at dusk, and ride back in the dark.  Oh boy was the '49 fun in the dark!  I am use to the modern Triumph at night.  Jeff

Online Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Re: Me and the Star Twin in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: 02.09. 2006 23:03 »
Hi, great picture, thanks for sharing. And all must have been going well, the Lucas stuff didn't let you down!

btw, suppose you may have a 6v system, have you tried the 6v halogen lamps? Difference is amazing, made me forget all about converting to 12v.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 03.09. 2006 00:44 »
Do you think that the 6v halogen bulbs are worth the $26.00 they are asking for them up here.  Jeff

Online Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 03.09. 2006 00:56 »
Hi, indeed they are not free. You may compare prices from http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/ , I got mine there, 35\35w, have lasted a long time and the light output is pretty amazing. Then fit a 10w halogen BA9s for daytime running and you will find your battery is always charged. Anyway not expensive when one thinks about safety. Try it, I'd be very amazed if you do not end up smiling. Please go to http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=93.0

Regards
E.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"