Author Topic: The little Ceefer  (Read 2226 times)

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Re: The little Ceefer
« Reply #15 on: 11.10. 2014 07:17 »
The Leg of Mutton and the BLue Lake are two different lakes, not far apart though.

The blue lake is called that because of its colour, the colour it looks in the picture is the actual colour it is, a deep blue. It stays that colour through spring and summer.

Its and old volcano, extinct (I hope!)

Offline Gerry

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 11.10. 2014 08:03 »
Hi Brian, Yes been to the Bue Lakes on more than one occasion. I had a friend there who ran a motorcycle dismantlers and who had a pop-up headlight Suzuki 750cc Katana which I also had at that time. Met him through the Katana Club. Also usually go there to show off to the pommy relations when they free load off us. lol
Just re read Triton Thrashers post and I obviously didn't get it right. Thanks Thrasher...more knowledge under the belt eh?
Cheers. Gerry

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #17 on: 11.10. 2014 12:00 »
Ah, the Clyde. 1981 (20yo) just ridden strait from Port Agusta, Canberra to Ulladulla 200Km two up at night no helmets 1hr 42min on a cb750fz. Ride it like you stole it.
Sorry we're getting off topic. We might have to start a "I can beat that" section.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 11.10. 2014 14:17 »
The Leg of Mutton and the BLue Lake are two different lakes, not far apart though.

The blue lake is called that because of its colour, the colour it looks in the picture is the actual colour it is, a deep blue. It stays that colour through spring and summer.

Its and old volcano, extinct (I hope!)

Brian,

Well, they say emoticons (little smiley faces) can play an important role in identifying humor in text when there might be some possible confusion. I guess I should have used them in my message. The fact that I know about Leg of Mutton Lake is thanks to some pretty good satellite imagery from Google Earth. May have even seen your house there on Skyline Place, but I didn't see the beers set out on the patio or bikes in the driveway. As much as I would love to show up, it seems Mt. Gambier may be a bit remote for the typical tour of Australia. I envision a tricky conversation with my wife when I'm about 80. "Sweetheart, it's time we visited Australia and I think we should drive around the perimeter so I can visit all my forum friends that are still living."  She, "Now I finally know for sure that you're out of your G.D. mind."

So, having gone about as far off topic as possible, I think I can bring it back: If one must live as far away from Melbourne and Adelaide as Mt. Gambier is, one would probably prefer getting to those cities on a 650 A10 vs. a 250 C15. I hasten to mention, however, that Gerry's C15 is a great looking and, I suppose, riding, bike.

Richard L.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #19 on: 11.10. 2014 20:06 »
I've never had a Cefer on the bench but recent work on a RE Crusader showed quite a few common bits.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Gerry

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #20 on: 12.10. 2014 00:39 »
Hi Brian, Muskrat, Adelaide is quite remote from the other cities here and quite flat other than the Adelaide Hills (a few bumps) and compared to other cities in Oz very few places of interest. Great pubs though and the weather is great. It does get close to freezing in winter and a lot of people rush up "Mount" Lofty to see the snow on rare occasions but summer is HOT. Can't get out the shed without loosing a few pounds in sweat. As for the Ceefer, it's a great little bike but scary on the freeway and the brakes are shit but I still love it and would have been ideal for what it was meant for and very little maintenance. I'm going back out the shed now to set the tappets on the A10, put the tank back on, connect the fuel pipes and see if it will suck squeeze bang and blow.....Cheers. Gerry

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: 12.10. 2014 02:39 »
Richard, if you saw the lake you would understand. Apparently for most of the year the water is a really beautiful blue and for the rest is the standard greyish colour of most lakes.
It is an extinct volcano crater as far as I know.
I saw it in the 80s when I went through there.

Trev.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #22 on: 12.10. 2014 04:15 »
We did, but we didn't want every one to think we're smart. *whistle*
Cheers
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 12.10. 2014 15:06 »
Shoot! Got myself in trouble, again. Thanks for the wakeup, Muskrat. I really need to keep my inner smart-ass under wraps. Apologies, if I have overworked the second part of that.  *shh* ::hh::

Richard L.