Author Topic: RGS Service bulletins/supplements  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Rgs-Bill

• A's Good Friend
  • Rocket Gold Star-Bill - U S of A -- N.W. Corner
RGS Service bulletins/supplements
« on: 30.06. 2014 20:23 »
 HAS ANY ONE  SEEN G-21-B OR N-8 ?? PLEASE RESPOND.    I just found out there are 2 more supplements/bulletins on the Rocket Gold Star models.  The original G-21,(on the Hailwood site) that I posted before, now I read where there is G 21-B issued October 62, with 15 more differences, and N-8 issued August 63.  The search engines I have tried could not come up with anything that would actually show the bulletins, just  mentions them is all.  These could be Important if a judge in a show is judging a bike for 100 point authenticity.  Has any one out there seen either one of these ??

BILL
U S of A
N.W. Corner, Seattle 
1962 RGS
78 YEARS OLD
Still Kick Starting My Motor (9 TO 1)
Although getting a bit tougher to do ! !

Offline Rgs-Bill

• A's Good Friend
  • Rocket Gold Star-Bill - U S of A -- N.W. Corner
Re: RGS Service bulletins/supplements
« Reply #1 on: 21.09. 2014 03:38 »
HAS ANY ONE  SEEN G-21-B OR N-8 ?? PLEASE RESPOND.    I just found out there are 2 more supplements/bulletins on the Rocket Gold Star models.  The original G-21,(on the Hailwood site) that I posted before, now I read where there is G 21-B issued October 62, with 15 more differences, and N-8 issued August 63.  The search engines I have tried could not come up with anything that would actually show the bulletins, just  mentions them is all.  These could be Important if a judge in a show is judging a bike for 100 point authenticity.  Has any one out there seen either one of these ??

BILL
SOMEBODY must have seen G21-B  and N-8 out there, and know where to find them.  It is hard to believe that 186 of you have read this and not one of you has seen these 2 service bulletins ????
U S of A
N.W. Corner, Seattle 
1962 RGS
78 YEARS OLD
Still Kick Starting My Motor (9 TO 1)
Although getting a bit tougher to do ! !

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 21.09. 2014 05:48 »
Hi Bill,
Sorry; can't help - only have G - 21.

Regards,

Richard

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 21.09. 2014 07:46 »

While it could be of vague interest to some without an RGS, or a variation of, I for one didn't know of these supplements until now. I'd say it's mainly those who have one and want concourse perfection are really going to need it.
 Best of luck, maybe you'll suddenly have another 186-1=185 replies *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 22.09. 2014 10:51 »
Yes sorry Bill, but it must be has Dutch commented . If memory serves for some unknown reason I think I have something about RGS supplements in the garage ,why I don't know and can't say whats in 'em but I'll have a look and let you know if I can find 'em and if they may be of help, regards BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 22.09. 2014 11:53 »
I've looked through all the search engines I have Bill, can only bring up G - 21 and a couple of people looking for G- 21 B (probably your good self)
I don't have Yahoo any more, dumped it as it kept electing itself
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #6 on: 30.12. 2014 01:58 »
I may have photocopies of these. I've got G21A issued Feb 21, 1963. It's 9 pages. Then there's a 4 page supplement, but the copy is too dark at the top to read the version number. On the first page it says "All parts except those listed below are as detailed in Parts service Bulletin No.G21 or as shown in Super Rocket or Gold Star spare parts catalogue. At bottom of page says "continued", then goes on to next page, which is not numbered, then pages numbered 2 and 3. I can try scanning these if you think they may be useful.

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 30.12. 2014 18:02 »
Hi, jachenbach
I would really appreciate any copies or scans you can provide on the RGS models as mine is one of the last few built, so the 63 data is very welcome  *smile*

Regards
John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #8 on: 30.12. 2014 23:24 »
First, I'm not a computer genius, so.....  I've got the pages scanned. Don't know how to combine into one file, so I will attach as multiple files. Maybe someone on the forum will know how to combine into a single document. If so, please do so.

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #9 on: 30.12. 2014 23:28 »
That was the 4 pages without a version number. Did you also want my version of G21 dated Feb 1963? Be happy to do it, but it'll have to go into multiple posts, unless someone can tell me a better way to attach 10 pages?

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #10 on: 30.12. 2014 23:36 »
Perhaps this Lucas parts list for RGS will be useful as well.

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 31.12. 2014 00:07 »
Hi jachenbach,
Thanks a lot  *smile*
I think that you will be bound by the attachment limits of the forum,
"Allowed file types: jpg, jpeg, png
Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 5200KB, maximum individual size 1000KB "

I would appreciate the other pages as well

(for others who wish to save the files, open each one and then save )

Regards
John

1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 31.12. 2014 00:29 »
That was the 4 pages without a version number. Did you also want my version of G21 dated Feb 1963? Be happy to do it, but it'll have to go into multiple posts, unless someone can tell me a better way to attach 10 pages?

Try http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/PDF-create.php
If successful, send me the pdf by email and I'll upload it to the forum. Or send me the scans & I'll make a pdf.

Made a pdf of the scans in previous posts, used Foxit's 'print to pdf', seemingly successful and good quality.

RGS Supplementary Parts & Lucas Parts PDF

bound by the attachment limits of the forum
For the moment, pdf not active as attachment to posts, so has to be uploaded to the forum server and then access it with a link, as the PDF link above.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
« Reply #13 on: 31.12. 2014 09:29 »
Great thread. Thanks to all and particularly Tim Berners-Lee as this must be just what the internet is for.

BTW - Happy New Year!
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #14 on: 31.12. 2014 15:09 »
Here is the feb. 1963 RGS Parts Bulletin G.21 PDF

Thanks to jachenbach for supplying it.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"