Author Topic: New headlamp bra and clipons  (Read 546 times)

Offline The pirate

• A's Good Friend
  • My Super Rocket
New headlamp bra and clipons
« on: 28.06. 2014 12:43 »
Hi guys, I have relented to my inner passion and put clip-ons and a headlamp bra onto my Super Rocket. No I didn't have them on back in the old dark ages but would have if I had thought about it. I like them - at speed on the open roads but not soooo good around the village.

The story within the story. Removing the front fork legs, bike on rear stand and wood support under frame. I had the front wheel half out, my foot knocked the support, bike fell off stand and support. ......... It landed on the half removed forks and then the front wheel parked its self at the side of the garage. I held my breath and the bike minus front wheel stayed upright. Trying to lift the dead weight, put it on the stand and the support to finish the job was impossible. So I made a crane out of two 44 gallon drums a few bits of fire wood and some tie down straps.  All in all a long day but no damage to the bike.

I would like to thank British Bike Bits for the parts, quick service and overseas delivery. All in all a great company to deal with on the net.

Roger in Oz.
The Pirate

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: New headlamp bra and clipons
« Reply #1 on: 28.06. 2014 21:24 »
Good work Roger. I too prefer the low forward bars. Just means you have to ride everywhere fast. *eek*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
Re: New headlamp bra and clipons
« Reply #2 on: 29.06. 2014 01:41 »
G'day Mr Pirate. Your machine is very nice, I also have a '59 Super Rocket but still in its working clothes (and next in line) I'm pleased to hear that you didn't do any damage in the little tumble, those tanks are exxy. I use the shed beams and tie downs to carry the weight when doing repairs, this method works well on motorcycles with fairings too. Cheers Tomcat
59 Super Rocket