Author Topic: Sell My RGS  (Read 2012 times)

Offline blue

• Active
Re: Sell My RGS
« Reply #15 on: 08.07. 2014 09:36 »
Thanks guys, here goes.  Four pictures.  Must apologise for the indicators but health and safety and all that, you know!  Easily removed.  Blue

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 08.07. 2014 22:39 »
Are you sure that is a genuine RGS?
It shouldn't have that centre stand and in fact that stand cannot be easily fitted to a GA10 frame.
Not an RGS seat either.
Sorry to nit pick but for what you are asking I would expect a 100% bike.

Trev.

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 08.07. 2014 22:51 »
HI Blue,
Whats the front wheel from?
I believe the petrol taps should be Gold Star lever type?

Regards
John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline blue

• Active
« Reply #18 on: 09.07. 2014 11:04 »
Hi Trevinoz  I wouldn't know about fitting the centre stand because it was already on when I bought it in 1969 and the actual bike was featured together with this stand on the cover page of Motorcycle Mechanics magazine March 1966.  You mentioned the seat; it is the original but in my youth I changed the piping to red to match the lining on the tank.  Again it was cream on the magazine cover.  YES I AM ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN IT IS A GENUINE RGS WITH ALL THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTATION FROM THE FACTORY AND THE FIRST BUFF LOGBOOK, MATCHING NUMBERS ETC.

Hi Chaterlea25  The front wheel was on the bike when I bought it in 1969 and you are right it is not the original 180 single shoe as fitted by the factory but a twin leading shoe of unknown make but a much better stopper than the original.  The rim is probably original as its a dunlop rim.  The petrol taps are the same as on the Motorcyle Mechanics magazine but hey one spanner and they could be simply changed surely.

Cheers Blue, back to mowing the lawn