Author Topic: New Guy Introduction  (Read 639 times)

Offline Drew Back

• A's Good Friend
New Guy Introduction
« on: 02.06. 2014 13:30 »
I just wanted to introduce myself as Drew the new guy..I have been on the Britbike forum for years and just recently heard about this sight.I am the proud owner of a 1958 A10 a 1959XLCH a 1958 Triumph TR6 a 1956 A10 plunger project in work which I will have lots of questions on and lastly a 1950 A7 plunger twin carb basket case project.
These plungers are quite rare around here I have never really seen one even going down the road.
I really enjoy working on these old machines it keeps me out of the bars and broke anyway..There is nothing like the satisfaction of taking a rusty old hulk and returning it to the road..Im not the smartest guy in the world but im always willing to learn.Thank you in advance for all your answers to my dumb questions..

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
Re: New Guy Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 02.06. 2014 13:36 »
Hi Drew!  I am new too!  Welcome....
Not sure what the initiation ceremony will entail  I'm keeping a low profile just in case.....
Best regards....

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 02.06. 2014 13:46 »
G'day Drew  *welcome*
Yep that's enough to keep you broke but busy. There is no such thing as a dumb question, but to save face make good use of the search button.
Ah the initiation *ex* You have 1/2 hour to remove and replace the rockerbox. GO.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 02.06. 2014 14:00 »
the initiation   You have 1/2 hour to remove and replace the rockerbox. GO.
*smile* +++

Next: set perfect timing and ride away: max 15 mn.

& every question welcome, what's simple or routine for some is difficult or new to others, and the other way around.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 02.06. 2014 14:08 »
Welcome to the forum to both you guys.  Glad you've found the place and looking forward to pictures of your one-and-only or, in Drew's case, your collection.

Drew, I'm no Harley expert and I didn't think of looking this up before typing here, but does "XLCH" go back to '59?. Given that you're in Kenosha, I'm a little surprised your collection isn't the other way around, that is, lots of Harleys and a loner Brit. It seems to me that you might be the closest forum member to me, as I am in Naperville, IL. I have a clean '55 A10 swingarm bitsa and a '57 A7 barn-find, semi-basket-case. I gotta assume you know Ed at Morrie's Place in Ringwood, IL. Anyway, maybe we can meetup sometime at a local event. Right now, Im fighting the A10 over a little matter called "starting".

Richard L.

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #5 on: 02.06. 2014 14:35 »
Hi Drew and bsargs650, welcome , good choice of forum full of the best peole you could want to ask advice from which will be willingly given.
Richard , ever considered changing your name back to Mano etc you never seemed troubled by these evils then ?? just a thought , but you will overcome , best wishes BobH.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #6 on: 02.06. 2014 14:46 »
Many thanks RichardL and TopDad!

Pics in "Just a Quick Hello"....