Author Topic: Just a quick hello!  (Read 1469 times)

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
Just a quick hello!
« on: 30.05. 2014 10:17 »
Been browsing this excellent forum for sometime!  It is a quality forum, with some great chracters.  The expertise offered, the humour, the enthusiasm, sympathy when one's pride and joy has gone sick.  It is well run and respect all who contribute and run/moderate this forum.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Just a quick hello!
« Reply #1 on: 30.05. 2014 10:40 »
G'day BSARGS650  *welcome*.
Thanks for the kind words and good of you to join us.
I take it you have an RGS. We're an inquisitive bunch.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 30.05. 2014 10:48 »
Hi  BSARGS650 and welcome, looking forward to a pic
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 30.05. 2014 15:31 »
Many thanks for the welcome!

I'll try and sort out a photograph - but the purists may choke on their caviar....!

Regarding uploading photographs, I tried a search for the methods and rules on adding a photograph, and not sure how.  Forgive me as I am new, excited and overwhelmed by the Forum!

Is it as simple as adding the photograph file (resized) to the message content or does it need a pasted link to a photograph storage website?  There is a photograph icon (insert image) within the message options - don't want to click on it yet just in case things go wrong with this message after typing it out......

Best regards to all...

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 30.05. 2014 15:54 »

When I attach photos, I take them in the smallest resolution as to be useful, and either send it to the computer and save.
 Then just below the 'reply' box (where I am now), the box that says 'attach>browse..' is live->....and fairly much the file selection should just happen easy.....or,

I take the picture, and then use the phones' internet to do it much the same way....haven't had daggers thrown at me yet that I know of..?

what kind of phone you have?? Maybe the resolution can't be changed on a iPhone....?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #5 on: 30.05. 2014 17:23 »
Welcome, & thanks+++ for the kind words, am hoping you will find the membership here useful.

See http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0 for lots of practical info about the forum. Pictures need to be below a max file size (for some very good reasons!), and are uploaded as 'attachments' in a forum post, see http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=427.0

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
« Reply #6 on: 30.05. 2014 22:22 »
Choke on my caviar?  Spares prices have consigned that particular luxury to the past.  If prices keep rising as fast the beer will have to go too.

Enjoy the forum.  It really is a great place to be.
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS

Offline morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #7 on: 30.05. 2014 22:37 »
If prices keep rising as fast the beer will have to go too.
No! Not the beer no please! *pull hair out*

Welcome BSARGS650
Have fun!
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #8 on: 02.06. 2014 12:18 »
Again, thanks for the welcome.  As requested a couple of pics...
Warning Again - Purists, don't choke on the caviar!

Some bits removed from the RGS....Footpegs, exhaust to manoeuvre through hallway/furniture to get into study.  A genuine Lyta tank and Dow stuff...Authenticated original frame and engine by the late John Gardner.  Bought 1970 as a stripped down all original.  Didn't like the chromed yolk, tool box and oil tank, mudguards and gave them away along with headlamp, etc.  I have some other Dow bits not fitted yet: Superleggera alloy yolk (but need required bushes/stanchions), primary chain oiler kit...The rims are original Dunlop, perfect original chrome.

The SR is in slow progress, bought early 80's as original.  SRM end feed...the tanks is new old stock....

I'm going to load this up, hope it works!!!

Best regards to all...

Offline BSARGS650

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #9 on: 02.06. 2014 12:24 »
Sorry all....I attached two files and I am only seeing the SR....I'll try again with the RGS, hope it works...

Adm edit: strange, the pictures were just showing a link and no thumbnail, never seen that before. Got no explanation, apart from maybe something in the program used before uploading them addding some exif info that the forum software could not read. Downloaded the images and resaved with Photofiltre & reuploaded them, showing fine now.

Offline blue

• Active
« Reply #10 on: 03.06. 2014 14:08 »
I have a standard RGS myself but have always loved the look of the aluminium tank and never got around to buying one.  Its a lovely finishing touch.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 03.06. 2014 14:20 »
- but the purists may choke on their caviar....!

*lol*

Waaaaaay far away from some specials on here that might cause Beluga rejection in said purists. Nevertheless, we still value and appreciate those purists, so don't y'all take offense.  (I'm the furthest thing from an American southerner, but "y'all" is a very useful word.)

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 03.06. 2014 16:15 »

Ain't a 'yawl' some kinda boat....?...like a ketch- yup?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Briz

• A's Good Friend
  • West Norfolk UK
    • Custom cycle developments
« Reply #13 on: 03.06. 2014 19:51 »
I thought 'yawl' was what dogs do at full-moon!

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #14 on: 03.06. 2014 20:35 »
re the tank, many moons ago i had the pleasure of looking after a dbd34 which we were selling ,it had that tank painted the lovely goldie siver blue , felt really snug when you got down on the tank with the clip ons and rearsets .... if I got on one fitted out like that now I'd need to be lifted off !! or worse mind you if it was a goldie I 'd probably refuse to get off anyway  , cheers BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom