Author Topic: New member, 1952 A10 Golden Flash  (Read 973 times)

Offline Dave G

• Active
  • Golden Flash, plunger 1952.(polychromatic biege).
New member, 1952 A10 Golden Flash
« on: 22.12. 2013 11:47 »
Hi folks,
I'm a new member and this is my first post. I have a 1952 A10 Golden Flash, plunger, (Polychromatic Biege). The bike was restored to better than new in the mid nineties just before I bought it. It has  been used very little since but I am going to put it back on the road very soon.
I'm In the process of cleaning the gunge out of the tank and coating the inside with Topox tank treatment, and changing the oil. The carb was recently overhauled and so I won't use it until the tank is finished, to avoid getting the carb fouled again.

I was delighted to come across this forum and to be able to learn from people who are much more knowledgeable and experienced than I am on the subject of the BSA  A10 and other classic bikes.

As a small boy I lived just down the road from the Ace Cafe in London and often went there with my
father who had BSA and Triumph as everyday transport and used to go to the Ace Cafe to chat and fettle the bikes. This was in the mid sixties and as I was a young lad of about ten at the time I was too young to learn about the maintenance and I am just now nervously trying to gain that knowledge.

Thanks again for your great forum and I hope to be able to join in on conversations into the future.- Dave Gorman:-)

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: New member, 1952 A10 Golden Flash
« Reply #1 on: 22.12. 2013 12:06 »
Hello & welcome, thanks for the introduction and story about the bike. One more plunger! Moved your topic to the presentation board (and changed the title). Thanks for the nice words about the forum, am hoping it will be useful, just ask any question. For the practical use of the forum, see the posts in Forum Info & Help. And post a picture or 2.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Dave G

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 22.12. 2013 13:01 »
Thanks for your help. I'm trying to find my way around the forum...and life in general for that matter now that I think about it. *smile*

Dave G

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 22.12. 2013 13:08 »
trying to find my way around the forum...and life in general for that matter
lol, no problem. & was in such a situation when I bought my A10.

And at the time there's was nearly no info to be found on the net, so made the http://www.a7a10.net/BSA/BSAGoldenFlash.htm page , for others to find some info, & as I was getting tons of emails & questions, made the forum. So all in all, became quite a (very positive) pastime, both with the bike & the internet things.

Just post your questions, and the members here can surely help in making your bike perform at it's best.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 22.12. 2013 17:25 »
Just post your questions,

Well if you could just leave the "Life in General" ones out as a few of us here fear we're getting a little too close to the answer  *smile*
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 22.12. 2013 17:41 »
Dave Gorman; as in Dave Gormans googlewhack adventure?
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Dave G

• Active
« Reply #6 on: 22.12. 2013 18:56 »
Bil, I reckon you're right, I'll give up on trying to figure out life in general and accept my defeat.  *smile*

Graybeard,  not the same D G, though I met him at a gathering of DG's in London in 2000. Introductions were easy as there were over fifty of us with the same name in the room, each with one guest. The first and only event I was at where I could still get most people's name right at the end of the evening with odds of 50-50..:-D