Author Topic: New member  (Read 1042 times)

Offline poky

• Active
« on: 05.08. 2013 14:50 »
Hello to everybody,

I am new in this great forum - after more than 20 years with prewar and modern bikes I have successfully put these to sorts together *smiley4* and roughly half a year ago I became a proud owner of A10 Super Rocket. So this year is the first one for me - I have to learn a lot about this great bike - fortunatelly I found this forum last week so first steps will be definitelly smoother than till now. Till now I have typical troubles - wet sumping  *smile*, noice from alloy head etc.

Cheers
´60 A10 Super Rocket, ´54 MV Agusta 175 CST, ´29 Ariel 250OHV...

Czech Republic

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: 05.08. 2013 15:28 »
Welcome to the best ever forum, full of experts who enjoy the questions. Many have already been answered and are filed ready to read. Enjoy your bike.
Regards Colin

PS Everyone wet sumps here.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 05.08. 2013 15:37 »
Poky,

Welcome. I'm not 100% sure, but you may be our only member from the Czech Republic. That's a nice bike you have there and expect you are going to get much enjoyment from it. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Colin mentions that "Everyone wet sumps here." It comes with age and he might have been referring to A10's.

Richard L.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 05.08. 2013 18:08 »
Welcome & thanks for the excellent intro post, and yet another country represented here. Am hoping you will find the forum useful. Most practical forum stuff is covered in http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0 , just post questions there if needed. And a fine bike!

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 05.08. 2013 20:19 »
G'day Poky  *welcome*.
What a great way to start a love affair with BSA A10's. A beautiful Super Rocket.
You'll be out and about often on her.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline bikemadinspain

• A's Good Friend
  • HOW IT ARRIVED ON DAY ONE
« Reply #5 on: 05.08. 2013 20:47 »
Hi Poky,

Welcome to the forum I am sure you will enjoy the help as much as I have. I live in the countryside in Spain and without the kind help and guidance of the forum members I would be simply lost!!

All the best,

Nigel K

Offline poky

• Active
« Reply #6 on: 05.08. 2013 21:03 »
Thank you for your invitation - I will have definitelly few questions in concrete sections.
This SR has very interesting history ( at minimum for me ) - with few exceptions ( ´59 and ´60 Nortons ES 2 and Matchles G80) it was impossible to import ( and buy) british four stroke bikes in Czechoslovakia in 50s,60s,70s and 80s- only Jawa and Čz motorcycles were available. That is why all post war british bikes in our country were imported ( mainly from UK) during last 20 years. This SR is exception - Beeza was displayed at 1960s Brno International Industrial Trade Fair - bike was bought by famous czech racer František Šťastný ( Jawa factory racer, few podiums in GPs and TTs in 50s and 60s) directly at this exhibition , used for 4 years by him ( as this period "superbike" - and maybe the strongest and fastest bike in that time in Czechoslovakia ), second owner was a big fan of him ( and employee of Brno GP circuit ) and I am the third owner ...

´60 A10 Super Rocket, ´54 MV Agusta 175 CST, ´29 Ariel 250OHV...

Czech Republic

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
« Reply #7 on: 15.08. 2013 14:20 »
Wow, great history and lovely bike.
Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
Harley Super Glide Custom
Yam XJR 1300

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #8 on: 13.11. 2013 17:36 »
Thank you for your invitation - I will have definitelly few questions in concrete sections.
This SR has very interesting history ( at minimum for me ) - with few exceptions ( ´59 and ´60 Nortons ES 2 and Matchles G80) it was impossible to import ( and buy) british four stroke bikes in Czechoslovakia in 50s,60s,70s and 80s- only Jawa and Čz motorcycles were available. That is why all post war british bikes in our country were imported ( mainly from UK) during last 20 years. This SR is exception - Beeza was displayed at 1960s Brno International Industrial Trade Fair - bike was bought by famous czech racer František Šťastný ( Jawa factory racer, few podiums in GPs and TTs in 50s and 60s) directly at this exhibition , used for 4 years by him ( as this period "superbike" - and maybe the strongest and fastest bike in that time in Czechoslovakia ), second owner was a big fan of him ( and employee of Brno GP circuit ) and I am the third owner ...

I missed this thread first time round. The story seems similar here in Hungary, nearly all old bikes are 2 strokes, even the Russian flat twins are rare. I had hoped to find a Polish Junak but it looks like I would have to go to Poland to get one.