Author Topic: A10 engine rebuild.. need cam followers!  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Big Seven

• Moving Up
Re: A10 engine rebuild.. need cam followers!
« Reply #15 on: 04.08. 2013 20:43 »
Wow so much info flowing in!! Thanks for all the feedback *smile*. I will work my way through and give thanks as I go.

Thanks to a chap in Scotland, who put me onto Kidderminster Motorcycles,I now have cam followers, I hadn't realised all followers suit the different cams, brilliant,I can now ready myself and assemble and prep the bits. Is there anything I should know about cleaning out the sludge trap a la crank? I'm sure someone told me to be careful of something *conf*.All help gratefully received, no doubt I will be needing lots of help and encouragement!!

From what I have seen so far you guys love to share your knowledge .. well I am a Joiner by trade not a mechanic or engineer, so I will probably astound you with the limit of my grasp of things mechanical *eek*. Please be patient.. I have worked on engines before, but in a bumbling uninformed way.

I look forward to the next wise words from the GREAT ONE'S......

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #16 on: 04.08. 2013 21:34 »
G'day Big Seven. Glad to hear the followers are sorted.
When asking a new ? start a new topic in the appropriate section eg sludge trap in engine section.
Also make use of the search button next to home, help at top left. Four pages of related topics to look through.
Cheers
ps If the motor is apart, clean it out.
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Big Seven

• Moving Up
« Reply #17 on: 05.08. 2013 12:15 »
 *smile* Thanks for that info, I'm about as good online as I am with an engine!! Cheers Muskrat *smile*.

Online bikerboy

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 15.08. 2013 02:23 »
Whatever you do pay attention to the wet sumping problem and replace the spring and ball inside the crankcases before you rebuild. Having not bothered doing mine I am now an expert in advising people to do this while they have their engine in bit  *sad2*

BSA A10 x 4
BSA A65 Lightning
Triumph T150v
Tribsa (A10 frame 750 Bonnie motor)