Author Topic: maybe for sale??  (Read 963 times)

Offline townsends20

• A's Good Friend
maybe for sale??
« on: 09.07. 2013 13:54 »
Hi all
      I don't know quite were to start. Back in December I went for a routine check up at the local hospital after they had done all there tests the doc called me into his room and told me that I wasn’t going home and there was a bed in the intensive care waiting for me, it was a bit of a shock as being a tree surgeon up until then I had been pulling trees around all day. Anyway I ended up having open heart surgery that is a double bypass and a new prosthetic aorta heart valve (sucks don't it) since then I feel like...........I have given up work, and I am finding it hard to run the bike and move it about,as it sends the blood pressure up and giving me a tight chest so I am thinking of selling it to adjust my financial commitments maybe get something a bit less exciting and lighter with a self start. It brakes my heart to sell it (excuse the pun) but think I will have to. *help*
    What I am asking you guys is some idea of its worth, I have seen them going for up to £24000
but whether they sell for that is another matter. It has had a complete nut and bolt rebuild and it still looks as good, it has a in line oil filter, belt primary drive and dynamo, 10.5 pistons and much more, all other engine parts are genuine rgs speck the only parts that haven’t been reconditioned are the spedo and rev. counter. This bike was one of the first rgs out of the factory number 16 so it might even be the earliest one still going I also have a pile of old receipts including some Eddie dow's for this bike. It has matching engine and frame numbers and the original reg number and has been inspected by the GSOC and singed off as genuine.
   There is a posting and a photo of it in best picture 2013 under rocket goldstar shed find, posted when I was well and enjoying it and a few up to date here.

Steve.
1962 rgs

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: maybe for sale??
« Reply #1 on: 09.07. 2013 14:02 »
Steve,
Sorry, I have no idea what your machine is worth. Just wanted to say that I think it's tragic that your health problems are preventing you from enjoying your Beeza.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 09.07. 2013 15:09 »

Geez Steve,
                   Sorry to hear that, I hope everything goes well.
      I've no answer to the value Q., but I hear your dilemma, and understand swinging over a 10.5 is more challenge than a 7.25 flat-top, fitting a (Steve McFarlane is it?) electric starter would compromise the originality, but maybe worth considering, or alternately (gulp/choke) sell it and find another low comp version and fit elec. start to that....not the same but closer...??

All the Best, duTch

Ps. I'm putting 'routine checkups' off the list of fun things to do....˚~˚
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 09.07. 2013 15:48 »
Hi Steve - sorry to hear of your misfortune, I had similar but not so serious (mitral valve) five years ago, got a titanium one in there now, turned my almost no existent gushy pulse into a real thump now, although downside is people are often seen looking around to find where the ticking is coming from ( i sit with a silent smirk ), did not need any bypass bit's though.
It's understandable to get a bit down after what you've been through, but I'd give it a bit of time before making any decisions, five years down the line I'm fine the cardiac rehab helped at lot ( have you been offered it) I continue to go to it although it's been split into two lots now with those of us who got a bit healthier doing the second slightly more physical session once a week.
I have two As a mild mannered Flash and a more in your face blinged up raucous  rocket type hybrid, lost a lot of sweat trying to get that one to behave, now it's fitted with Pazon electronics it's a first time little prod to start it.
So give it a bit of time and thought Steve, there's not one member of this forum knows whats around the corner, you've been lucky to have had that diagnosed and acted on, think on to what could have happened if you hadn't.
All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 09.07. 2013 16:22 »
Steve, so sorry to read of your health setback but chin up mate ,I agree with Bill you've been given "another go" and a body that was  fit enough to see you attacking trees etc can repair itself far better than even the medic's think ,so leave the bike alone for a couple of weeks ,no additional stress and get over what you've had done ,give your body a chance then start to increase exercise and then make your mind up . only make your mind up then . Very best wishes BobH.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #5 on: 09.07. 2013 21:19 »
That's a blow, Steve. My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
As all have said, give it time.
Cheers.
ps Down here I'd say she's worth 15-20Kau$
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #6 on: 09.07. 2013 22:04 »
Best wishes for a good recovery. As the years are passing, got friends & coworkers who needed more or less serious heart 'mechanical' work, they are all doing fine thereafter.

What a very fine bike that is.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline gavinoz

• A's Good Friend
  • Dogs & Sheep hate smokers worse than Hondas.
« Reply #7 on: 09.07. 2013 22:28 »
VERY fine bike. The rough goldie in non running order, belt drive etc that Wozza flagged a few weeks ago in Aus made Au$ 18000, so yours would have to be much more.
Hope you go well and don't have to sell it though.
Good luck, gav.
Rigid A7S, 57 A10 in pieces
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 10.07. 2013 16:25 »
ECHO, ECHO, ECHO the sentiments for your speedy recovery and the idea of waiting a bit to see how your full recovery goes. The best thing about your story is that you are here to tell it.

Not sure this applies, but my late mom had her first bypass at 76 and was pretty much gangbusters until her second at 87. She kept going pretty well to 95 and hung-in to 98. Personally, if I make it that long, I'm thinking of taking up base jumping when I turn 85.

Richard L.