Author Topic: WANTED: pair of rigid A/B/M model fork yokes (can swap for later A/B type)  (Read 907 times)

Offline *nick*

• Melbourne, Australia
  • Moving Up
Hi chaps,

I have a '47 ish B series rigid frame with a B33 motor in it but I only have a set of the later fork yokes with the larger diameter stem, I'm looking for the '46-'48 ish Rigid model A/B/M series fork yokes with the smaller stem diameter, I'm happy to buy a pair off you or swap if you need the latter type with the larger stem that was for the plunger and swingarm A/B/M series.

Here's a few pictures of the pair I have, should anyone be interested. They're in very good condition, just been sandblasted, the threads on the stem could do with a clean up in the lathe, this is an easy job.

My name is Nick and I'm located in Melbourne Australia, best to contact me on 0437 95 25 87 or via here.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline *nick*

• Melbourne, Australia
  • Moving Up
possibly John, I'd nee to know the diameter of the steerer tube but even if the yokes were the ones I need I don't need the forks as I already have some and the cost to post a complete set of forks around the world be pretty pricey, thanks anyway!     

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Nick,
            What is the diameter of the stem? Length would help too.

Trev.

Offline *nick*

• Melbourne, Australia
  • Moving Up
Trev the yokes I'm after should have these specs:

a distance of 6 3/4" between the centres of where the fork tubes go
a steerer tube diameter of roughly 25.3mm or 0.997"
and a steerer tube length of 7.5"

these yokes are unique I'm told to the early rigid 'speedo in the tank' B31/B33 of 45/46/47 and maybe the early rigid A7's of those years

cheers mate!

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Nick,
               This is a set off the shelf which I had no idea what they fitted.
Specs are as posted except for stem length which seems to be 7.375".
The top nut screws on OK but is a bit rough around the hexes. Looks like this set only uses a one piece top nut set-up.
The bottom cone is pretty rusty, I don't know where you would get the correct size for this lot.
Wouldn't the later set work? The only differences I can see are the stem diameter and length.

Trev.

Offline *nick*

• Melbourne, Australia
  • Moving Up
Nick,
               This is a set off the shelf which I had no idea what they fitted.
Specs are as posted except for stem length which seems to be 7.375".
The top nut screws on OK but is a bit rough around the hexes. Looks like this set only uses a one piece top nut set-up.
The bottom cone is pretty rusty, I don't know where you would get the correct size for this lot.
Wouldn't the later set work? The only differences I can see are the stem diameter and length.

Trev.

Trev

Those are exactly what I'm after, I just remeasured what I needed & yep the steerer length is fine, I have new cups, cones and ball bearings here ready to go, if you're willing to sell them give me a hoy on 0437 9525 87 any time I'm keen to get my bike rolling finally after three years of building and parts hunting!

regards,
Nick (Melbourne)