Author Topic: Another new member to the Forum and new to computers !!  (Read 580 times)

Offline jamestkirk

• Active
I have recently registered to this wonderful knowledged base forum but have spent an hour reading the help page trying to understand the jargon! At least I understand A10s a lot easier. Computers are clever things but a work shop manual if far easier to understand. Any way I have owned my A10 super rocket since 1986 which was purchased as a basket case. The frame is registered 1961 but the original engine cases had a rather large hole where a con rod had let go so thet were replaced with a non s/r crank cases i located at a show.The bike has a180mm gold star front brake and fitted to the rear is the ariel hub which i find is far superior to the standard A10 hub. I have rebuilt the engine with standard bearings and she has done 18k without any problem using a good quality 20-50 oil. I have read though all the various topics on running and keeping an A7/A10 and I am pleased to say that you are not on your own- wet sumping, oil leaks and a rocker box that continues to shatter gasgets  has been my life time problems with this bike, but the A10 is a lovely looking bike and a pleasure to ride. Please dont ask for a photograph because that will take another day to work out. *conf*

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
 G'day jamestkirk, beam me up and welcome to the forum.
                                                                              You would probably know your bike inside out after having her that long. I got my '51 in '81.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
JTK,

Welcome. I've had my '55 since '73 and it is also a "blend" of numbers and parts. Doesn't really matter, I think, except at Concours d'elegance shows and when it is sold. I don't think either are ever in the works for mine and I suppose you feel the same about yours.

With regard to photos, the trickiest part is getting them down to an acceptable size ( memory bytes, not dimensions). If you want to get a few posted right away, so you can take your time to learn the tricks, you could email them to me at manosound@aol.com, I'll resize them and post them in your intro topic. By the way, for people who have shared them, email addresses are listed in the "Members" info when you click the tab right under where it says "Hello jamestkirk", which is right under the forum banner.

Richard L.