Author Topic: History request  (Read 737 times)

Offline morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
History request
« on: 05.09. 2012 21:22 »
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could shed some light on the history of my A 10?
On the V5 that came with the bike it says it was last registered in Badsworth (Leeds region)
License plate number was UXG 944, first registered 3/2004, date of sale/transfer 11/2009 by 2nd registered keeper.

Ps; changed my avatar. Hope you like it (it's from an enamel sign above my workbench, and it makes me laugh every time I see it)

Here's a picture of the actual state it's in;
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: History request
« Reply #1 on: 06.09. 2012 09:44 »
Hi Morris,

I suspect that your bike had been re-registered in 2004 after the original number was either sold on or transferred to another vehicle.

Does it mention anywhere on the V5 registration document about a declared date of manufacture?  Look under section 3 "Special Notes" or it could be shown elsewhere.

If this is the case you will need to find the original registration number in order to trace the history further.  I would suggest that you contacted the previous owner in the hope that he could shed some more light on the subject.  He might even remember the guy who owned the bike before him.

There might also be a way of obtaining some past history from the DVLA direct.  I've never tried that route and wouldn't be able to advise where to start.  However, I'm sure that somebody on this forum has done it and can advise further if required.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Beezageezauk.

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #2 on: 06.09. 2012 10:38 »
Hi Morris, inline with the info Beezageeza passed on re the DVLA, to find out original date of manufacture and who dispatched to I'd get intouch with the BSAOC ,they hold all the factory infoand for ,I think £5 will provide  a cert,from there you may be able to piece together it's history, the contact name and address is/was Steve Foden, BSAOC Machine dating Officer,113,Holmville Rd, Bebington, Wirral CH632PX or look on their web site,best of luck BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #3 on: 24.09. 2012 10:50 »
hi fella, i went to my local dvla office and filled in a form (cant remember which one) and give dvla a fiver and they did a history trace on my bike. i received a trace from 1983 until the present date, which included every owner with names and address's from 1983 (8). it gave the reg that was on the bike before it was swapped (nnw 68a)for a privet plate (usy 180) i did ask the dvla if the original reg (nnw 68a) was still availible but they said
"due to the restrictions of the data protection act dvla are unable to comment on where this mark is now".
im going to now do a post like yours to see if any body on here knows of any of my bikes history.
good luck with your quest though.
all the best, chicago
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.