Author Topic: Wtd - head feed oil tank banjo for an A7 plunger...please???  (Read 5169 times)

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
Hello all,

Still searching - without any luck whatsoever - for a banjo connection into the oil tank for the oil feed to the cylinder head.

Please...someone...please. Don't want to sound too desperate - okay...failed then - I am desperate!

Cheers

Alan

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
I just had a look at the drawings to see what it's supposed to look like, but there seems to be a bit missing, or it's not clear?
  If you get stuck, do what it seems I've done and just make up a 'tee' piece with copper pipe and use a compression fitting. I think it's a gas thread?? may or may not work, depending how you do it.
 Otherwise try the rockin' horse stable, or the poultry dentist??
 Good luck, Cheers, duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline bikerjohndavies

• John Davies, Bath, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • 1953 BSA A10 Super Flash
Hi Alan,

The origional part 67-450 was a one piece pipe with banjo attached that runs from the oil tank return feed to the rocker box. Draganfly supply these in a bend to shape format. I used one on my A7 and was easy to fit. Here is the link.

http://www.draganfly.co.uk/shop/pd-1672746505.htm?defaultVariants=%7BEOL%7D&categoryId=146

Cheers, John
1931 Ariel VB31, 1935 Triumph 5/3 project, 1946 Ariel Square 4, 1952 Norton Model 7, 1953 BSA A10 Super Flash, 1954 Ariel VH

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
Ok Al,
       you opened a can of worms, I've just had another look at my setup come to realize how bodge it is, but it did work(?) But having another look at the drawings, it's all a bit clearer, and 'missing' bits now have functionality.
  The pipe also needs these bits for the tank connection,(65-8420, 65-8424,65-8421), couldn't see the fittings on Draganfly, so gogol searched.
http://www.vintage-motorcycle.com/index.php?language=en&site=4&pid=199&id=326&suchtext=uni&limit=300, probably available closer to you, and a bit pricey there, but at least now I know also what I 'should' have .

Thanks for your help, and John, cheers, duTch

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline bikerjohndavies

• John Davies, Bath, UK
  • Valued Contributor
Just had a look, Draganfly have the 65-8424 oil tank union gland nut and the 65-8420 oil tank union plus the 65-8421 which is a fibre washer under the Oil tank section if you need those as well. Items 7,8 and 9 in drawing.

http://www.draganfly.co.uk/shop/pi746213396.htm?categoryId=766

Cheers, John
1931 Ariel VB31, 1935 Triumph 5/3 project, 1946 Ariel Square 4, 1952 Norton Model 7, 1953 BSA A10 Super Flash, 1954 Ariel VH

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
Thanks for your reply guys...its actually the banjo which fits in between 7 and 9 that I need. It takes the oil from the return and up the pipe to the tee piece which feeds the two rockers.

I have the tee piece for the cylinder head but not the banjo connection to the return oil line.

Hope that clarifies??

Cheers

Alan

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
Yep same as me, didn't really give it a lot of thought till now, so you've helped me too thanks, and thanks again john fro the link.
  Cheers, duTch
Australia

Offline bikerjohndavies

• John Davies, Bath, UK
  • Valued Contributor
Hi Alan,

The oil pipe banjo and rocker feed pipe was origionally a one piece item as per the link above. I guess if you just want the banjo you will either have to look for an old pipe and cut it off or I think the early B31/B33 use the same banjo (65-1547 in the picture) but just with a short pipe to a rubber connection.

Cheers, John

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi john, I was assuming from Als' wording that he was after the 'Connection' parts,,(65-8420, 65-8424,65-8421), which is what I'm missing, and maybe the bottom banjo, I think I have the banjo(wondered what it belonged to), but need the fittings,(as pasted above). But that's all about 'me'..Al can sort that out!
 Cheers, duTch
Australia

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
No probelm Dutch - also thanks for the alternative suggestion John. That opens the search up a bit. Don't want to chop a proper one so a search for a B series will be the most likely option I think.
Alan

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
 Thanks John, for heads up, did a look on parts pages,B '49-'53 seems 65-1547 is complete with rubber connection, 65-1364 is just 'complete' (?), but these are for for B32/34(competition models), must mean they'll go faster!!

Haven't found the bits yet on draganfly though, too bad they're not in 'Affanumberick-Lauder'...! It's a mish on it's own! I'll get back to you when I find something, Cheerss-been onea them days!!
Australia

Offline gavinoz

• A's Good Friend
  • Dogs & Sheep hate smokers worse than Hondas.
You probably already saw it but in case all else fails, Hawkshaw Motorcycles have new repro one piece Copper pipe/brass banjos on Ebay UK under
BSA A7-A10 PLUNGER MODEL ROCKER OIL FEED PIPE 67-0450
for GBP 28.80 + Post
Gavinoz
Rigid A7S, 57 A10 in pieces
Australia

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
Thanks Gav,
           I hadn't seen it till now, but considering the bit on the bottom looks almost like what I have, maybe not a good option, simply because it doesn't look like it can be accommodated by the two tapered fittings, one each side(NOS may sometimes be as it's the wrong bit, and no-one wanted it?), If it can be confirmed it's the correct bit, maybe worth it, but I,(and Al) only need the bottom bit,- however-
   From 'Draganfly's site- which I think I've mastered, and from whom I can use other bits,
# 42-139A, '60-'62 S/A,   looks like the part, but the hole looks too big?
# 65-1547 says- Rocker oil feed pipe (use 65-1119 with 66-8338),
 feel like I'm goin' round in circles here?

Tried doing a photo of what I have but battery died, will add in soon.
PS What day is it, I tried calling Draganfly just now and they're closed, You Poms got a holiday??
 cheers duTch

Are you having a win with it, Al  ??
Australia

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
Hi Dutch & Gavin,

Cheers for your replies - I've contacted the EBay guy and asked if he would sell just the oil tank banjo - guess what...no. Obvioulsy hanging on for a complete sale, more monay? His parogative and all that.

I'm going to keep looking.

Did you have any success with Draganfly?

Alan

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi Al,
        I called Draganfly, and seemed they were busy as no time to talk, but same deal, for # 65-1547- use 65-1119, 'one piece item, cut and join w/rubber hose, part #...'.
 Seems that 65-1119 is same item for 'B' models and '49-'50 'A's, but the competition 'B's(B32/34) use the 'flexible' bottom pipe(65-1547).
  The rigid/plunger, A/B/M tank fittings are all same, just the rocker end is a bit different, so I reckon 65-1547, is what we need.
 I don't need it straight away, now I'm on the case, have to follow through. I think a bit from a hydraulic or brake place may be adapted till the correct part turns up?
 I ordered a bunch of bits from Draganfly, anyway, including 42-139A, which is the corresponding part for late model 'A's, but don't expect it to work, but will let you know.
  ....I think I got all that right?

Cheers, duTch
Australia