Author Topic: New member in Perth, Australia  (Read 855 times)

Offline AlP

• Active
New member in Perth, Australia
« on: 09.05. 2012 11:57 »
Hi All,

I am a new member living in the hills area east of Perth, Australia. I have recently purchased a 1955 A7SS that I want to restore although I have no previous experience in this! The bike has been sitting in a friends shed for the last 20 years and had been messed about with before he purchased it. I suspect it will be quite a challenge and I am already finding that obtaining parts is harder than I expected!

I would be keen to hear from any other members in my area and look forward to participating in this forum - it looks excellent.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: New member in Perth, Australia
« Reply #1 on: 09.05. 2012 12:49 »
G'day AlP, welcome to the forum.
                                             Great bikes the A7SS and yours don't look too bad. A few lads over your way (well within a few hundred miles).
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 09.05. 2012 13:43 »
Hi AIP That looks like a good project, it seems to be mostly complete and thats the main thing. Parts are plentiful in the uk, but obviously you will have high shipping cost. There are a lot of forum members from aus and I know they will pass on their knowledge of suppliers to you. also if you look on the literature section of this forum you will find all the BSA service sheets (if you have not done so already)  all the best Goldy
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 09.05. 2012 15:00 »
Hi AIP,
I am in Maida Vale,
just got mY hands on a 1954 A7 SS bottom end, so need all the other bits to build a bike up!

Post me off line, and I can probably put you in the right direction to solve some of your issues.

Richard

Offline AlP

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 10.05. 2012 12:07 »
Thanks Guys,

it is pretty cool to receive replies from the other side of the world, the other side of Oz and someone local all within a few hours.

Richard, I tried to send you a personal message but I don't seem to be allowed to do this! Maybe you can try sending me one? I would like to have a chat abut where you get parts etc.

Allan

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #5 on: 10.05. 2012 12:29 »
Welcome to the forum, & yes, it's very nice to see how international it has become. About the PM, did you read the top lines in New Members: Please read !
More info here.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"