Author Topic: Intro from the Kootenays BC  (Read 1286 times)

Offline SunBrummie

• Active
Intro from the Kootenays BC
« on: 04.05. 2012 03:44 »
Hi, I go by SunBrummie on here 'cause my mum is a Brummie, went through the bombing there as a little kid...prob'ly had something to do with the armouries stamping out machinery and guns in that town!!  What a great city, birthplace of the BSA motorcycle and Black Sabbath.
Anyway, I live in southern BC, Canada, and in the embryonic stages of building an A10, mid-fifties far as I can tell.  It's great to find such a forum and glad to be here.  How bout a starter photo for ya, I also have trans, bottom end with crank, and a swingarm!  I will post more photos soon.

"What is this that stands before me..."

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Intro from the Kootenays BC
« Reply #1 on: 04.05. 2012 07:51 »
Hi SunBrummie good to hear from you and good to hear of another A10 being rebuilt, you will find a good bunch of enthusiasts here so keep us informed. Talking of music, brum also the home of the great ELO.
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline SunBrummie

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 04.05. 2012 15:41 »
Nice to me ya Goldy...yes just getting a start on my first Brit Twin, got two old american bikes in the mancave that I've built and enjoyed a lot, thought I should explore my long time dream of having a Beezer.  Just love the look of the A10 motor.  I'm interested in going for a Scrambler look.

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 04.05. 2012 16:17 »
Welcome Sunbrummie- best of luck with the A10, you'll have a barrel of fun (groan)
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 04.05. 2012 16:30 »
Love your work B-Bill *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 05.05. 2012 02:32 »
Welcome aboard sunbrummie

Nice to hear of another A10 coming together in BC...you've got some nice riding country out there in the Kootenays.

Lots of good advice and good blokes here on the forum.

I was born in Birmingham and lived in various parts of the midlands during my misspent youth before dropping anchor in BC.

Got to see sabbath at birmingham town hall in the 1970's....I couldn't hear for 3 days after the gig as I recall  *eek*

Good luck with the A10  *smiley4*

Scotty

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Offline SunBrummie

• Active
« Reply #6 on: 05.05. 2012 05:09 »
Thanks for the kind words men...I look forward to learning much from y'all!
Scotty my fave twisty is the Duffy Lake road from Lytton down to Pemberton, your neck-o-the woods.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 05.05. 2012 10:14 »
Hiya SunnyBrummie, That's a good bunch of stuff you got there, Someone the other week started with an (?)axle *smile*looks like they got (good healthy)competition

I think Olev and/or Orabanda had something to do with that!!
Welcome from duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline SunBrummie

• Active
« Reply #8 on: 05.05. 2012 21:13 »
Heh heh, my wife has banished me to the garage for many moons and I need long term projects....yes just as every long journey begins with one footstep, so too does many a bike project begin with one lonely part.

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #9 on: 05.05. 2012 22:32 »
as a former edmontonian, perhaps i can help you get parts. welcome aboard

Offline SunBrummie

• Active
« Reply #10 on: 06.05. 2012 06:59 »
Sounds promising, I look forward to meeting and learning from y'all, specially those in the west as we're neighbors.