Author Topic: newbie  (Read 1823 times)

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« on: 19.04. 2012 21:56 »
hi all, im a new member *red*, im from madchester england, i'm 42 and looking for a a7 star twin plunger to restore. been thinking about a bsa for a number of years now so definatly not a midlife crisis  *smile*.  anyhow all the best and take it easy, chicago.

UPDATE..... now got one *loveit*
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: 19.04. 2012 23:08 »
Hello "Chicago". Glad you've made it to the forum and good luck in your hunt for the dental appendages of that domesticated flightless fowl. I can tell you that it feels awkward calling you "Chicago", with me being the only forum memeber that actually lives in (really, very near) Chicago.

Richard L. 

beezermacc

« Reply #2 on: 19.04. 2012 23:22 »
Hi Chicago. If you haven't already found a BSAOC Branch to visit, may I offer you a warm welcome at The South Cheshire Branch.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 21.04. 2012 09:34 »
 G'day chicago, welcome to the forum.
                                                    Don't mind manosound's longwindedness, He meant hens teeth. It would actually be lick finding rocking horse poo.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #4 on: 26.04. 2012 10:54 »
Hello "Chicago". Glad you've made it to the forum and good luck in your hunt for the dental appendages of that domesticated flightless fowl. I can tell you that it feels awkward calling you "Chicago", with me being the only forum memeber that actually lives in (really, very near) Chicago.

Richard L.  
hi there manosound, cheers fella, ive now managed to source a quite nice 53 star twin with a 48 long stroke engine. really nice bike which looks like it was restored years ago and never ridden. i'll slam some photos up as soon as it decides to stop raining (typical english weather  *sad2*). yeah, chicago's not my real name its just a nickname that my brother gave me when we were kids playing cops and robbers and it just stuck. anyway all the best and take care. chicago.

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #5 on: 26.04. 2012 10:59 »
Hi Chicago. If you haven't already found a BSAOC Branch to visit, may I offer you a warm welcome at The South Cheshire Branch.
hi beezermacc. cheers fella, thanks for the invite, i'll make sure i do that. all the best, chicago

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #6 on: 26.04. 2012 11:04 »
G'day chicago, welcome to the forum.
                                                    Don't mind manosound's longwindedness, He meant hens teeth. It would actually be lick finding rocking horse poo.
Cheers
hi there muskrat, well it did take me a while to work out but i figured it out in the end, altough at first i thought it meant i was going to have my teeth rattled out due to poor suspension  *lol*. all the best, chicago

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 26.04. 2012 12:03 »
Hah! Don't mind Muskrat's shortwindedness,  he actualy meant it would be like finding the extruded organic  waste product of a gently oscillating equine riding toy.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 26.04. 2012 12:06 »
Gidday Chicargo, Geez mate how'd ya do dat, barely even finished the sentence "looking for a a7 star twin plunger', and next line whammo-there it is, bugger me, if you have powers akin to hustling up Chooks teeth and Rockin'orse crap, you can probably get a few 'hard to get' other bits for the rest of the crew......? Where's the line start??
    Cheers from duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #9 on: 26.04. 2012 12:30 »
Welcome to the forum, and congrats with the A7. Am hoping you will find the forum helpful.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #10 on: 26.04. 2012 12:51 »
Hah! Don't mind Muskrat's shortwindedness,  he actualy meant it would be like finding the extruded organic  waste product of a gently oscillating equine riding toy.

"extruded organic  waste product of a gently oscillating equine riding toy".
rocking horse sh*t. see im getting the hang of it now  ;)

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #11 on: 26.04. 2012 12:57 »
Gidday Chicargo, Geez mate how'd ya do dat, barely even finished the sentence "looking for a a7 star twin plunger', and next line whammo-there it is, bugger me, if you have powers akin to hustling up Chooks teeth and Rockin'orse crap, you can probably get a few 'hard to get' other bits for the rest of the crew......? Where's the line start??
    Cheers from duTch
hi there dutch. all i can say is thank god for the internet and ebay. lets hope the cams and followers are all good on my new lady or i might have to see just how good i really am at finding hard to find stuff*lol*. all the best, chicago

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
« Reply #12 on: 26.04. 2012 13:00 »
Welcome to the forum, and congrats with the A7. Am hoping you will find the forum helpful.

hi there a10gf, cheers for the welcome. im sure i will find the forum esential in the coming months as i know next to nothing about a7's, just hope i dont become a pain. all the best fella, chicago

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 26.04. 2012 13:41 »

hi there a10gf, cheers for the welcome. im sure i will find the forum esential in the coming months as i know next to nothing about a7's, just hope i dont become a pain. all the best fella, chicago

Yes,  you'd best not become a pain, because that's my turf.

Richard L.

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #14 on: 26.04. 2012 14:39 »
I've been across the pond in Florida on my jollies for 2 weeks and whats happened to this forum, i've already read apost by  someone using old english like it's back in fashion ,Manosound has swallowed a dictionary and a thesaurus combined and.... musky ...well some things never change , , I'm glad to be back  but a trickcyclist would make a fortune figuring out way, cheers you lot, BOBH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom