Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 732 times)

Offline cotterpinkid

• A's Good Friend
Thanks
« on: 18.04. 2012 20:34 »
Although I don't post much I still follow the Forum threads with interest.

The reason I joined the Forum was that last summer I decided to dig the Flash out of the shed and do something with it. I'd rebuilt it about 11 years ago, put 500 miles on the clock and it has been parked up in the shed since!

I stripped the top end down and checked things over, had the mag rebuilt as the damp had got to it and from advice on the forum set myself up with a timing disc and strobe. Through this I found that the reproduction cam ring was 5 degrees out between cylinders and fitted a NOS cam ring which resolved the overheating problem I had on one cylinder, so thanks for the timing advice and degree information.

You've also advised me on my 276 carb, but last weekend I gave up and fitted a new concentric that I'd had for years (I know some will disaprove). This seems to have done the trick as it's now a first time starter and although I've not road tested it, it ticks over like a clock and is smooth and responsive as I open the throttle up.

I'm now awaiting the return of my log book from the DVLA which is having a couple of typo's corrected on the frame and engine number and it'll be down the garage for an MOT test.

I need to change the tyres, but will post a seperate topic for advice.

So, a big thanks to all for your help and hopefully another Flash will be on the road shortly.

A10 GF Plunger
Velocette Venom

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: 18.04. 2012 21:05 »
 You've done a very nice job of it. Should pass with flying colours. Good luck.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 18.04. 2012 22:24 »
Muskrat is so reserved.

Gawd! That thing is beautiful! Please enter that bottom photo in this year's Best Picture Contest (if "e" still thinks it's worth doing).

Richard L.

Offline cotterpinkid

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 19.04. 2012 15:55 »
Richard,

I'd have to give it a polish first!

Anyway last years contributions to the photo comp were really good and the locations stunning, which put my back garden to shame. If I find a suitable location I may enter a photo.
A10 GF Plunger
Velocette Venom