Author Topic: wow!  (Read 4284 times)

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
Re: wow!
« Reply #15 on: 29.04. 2012 20:13 »
about a year. wanted to get it done before the move to mexico. shall i post some more "decorative" pics.
our club,los ocultos, meat[whoops] meet every sunday on the chapala malecon where all kindsa decor stop by. we are on the largest lake in mexico which is only 30 miles south of guadalara[mexico's second largest city-pop 6 1/2 million]

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #16 on: 30.04. 2012 11:27 »
Thanks for the before after \ after pictures, always nice to see a pile of scrap turned into a roadworthy bike! Good job. As for the other pictures, can only say I definitely live in the wrong part of the world (seems only older men were attracted by the a10 (...used to ride one of these etc, my uncle had a bsa etc etc) lol+

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 30.04. 2012 15:19 »
C'mon guys -fair go- I'm having little cold sweat spasms here,  I really  was dead set seriously was after bike piccies, but I am human too after all and considering the possible likelihood of aforesaid attendant being related to Pedro, utmost diplomacy is in order. Nice bike Pedro, in some ways similar to how I'm trying to get mine~having a head ache with rear brake pedal set up. You've a bigger lounge room than me, I'm sure I had a couch under there somewhere!!
   My little mate over the road works for 'Flight City or what ever, might go see how far I can get on a peso or two........hhmmmmm..?   

Thanks Pedro,  see how the boys got good mileage out of that??
 Best I have another look at that ill fated gearshifter!
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #18 on: 30.04. 2012 20:01 »
if you look beneath the legs and enlarge that portion dutch, you will see that the pedal is original and the rest is very simple. the secondary connection was welded onto the frame and has a grease nipple.
shall i take a pic of the rig?
and post it in the apropo forum on here?

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #19 on: 30.04. 2012 21:51 »
C'mon guys -fair go- I'm having little cold sweat spasms here,  I really  was dead set seriously was after bike piccies, but I am human too after all and considering the possible likelihood of aforesaid attendant being related to Pedro, utmost diplomacy is in order. Nice bike Pedro, in some ways similar to how I'm trying to get mine~having a head ache with rear brake pedal set up. You've a bigger lounge room than me, I'm sure I had a couch under there somewhere!!
   My little mate over the road works for 'Flight City or what ever, might go see how far I can get on a peso or two........hhmmmmm..?   

Thanks Pedro,  see how the boys got good mileage out of that??
 Best I have another look at that ill fated gearshifter!
i have a guest bedroom where beezer owners are always welcome for a coupla days dutch, nice ta talk shop-eh! another 12 miles today which went PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 01.05. 2012 14:36 »
Y'ok, finally got past the legs , I had thought it looked a bit like the real lever. Funnily enough, a few months ago I bent up a bit of half inch bar to fab a lever, and after a while I realised it resembled the stock one *eek*??? so had a try at using my stock one but the rod connector arm(above the splines) interferes with the cases, as my assembly is a bit more contained/compact -further back, (peg crossarm against bottom turn of down tube) ,also fixing a bodged up previous cable action  .  will try and take a couple of pics tomorrow. Got bits scattered all over the shop at the moment, my new valve spring collars turned up yesterday,but have to tidy up machine burrs on the collets to make them fit!!! Then head& rockers on and maybe power plant and frame can reunite.
  Unless it's camera angle, it appears you have a shortage of front engine plates??
Also wondering your rear brake lever ratio looks improved,what lever at wheel, the stock one is 'bout inch and a half long(ratio~1/1?) and useless so I made one about 90mm.
     Good it's getting at least 12miles at least, better than 12Km
catch ya next lap

*beer* *sleepy*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #21 on: 01.05. 2012 21:15 »
 Good spot there Dutch, no front engine mounts. Probably not as critical as on a swing arm but think it would benefit from one.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #22 on: 01.05. 2012 22:58 »
firstly pardon me for the dirty condition but if you've been following this, it was not my main concern. it will be shiny and clean by sunday.
you can't operate this beezer without front engine mounts,especially on the bottom-here they is.
and the shifter assembly.

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #23 on: 01.05. 2012 23:03 »
for dutch. the rear brake fabrication for front pegs. i have no stock pegs anymore.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #24 on: 02.05. 2012 05:04 »
G'day Pedro, that's not the engine mount we meant. #'s 15,19 & 20 on frame picture goes at the front, the big holes are for the dynamo to go through.
I also noticed that you are missing #5 on the rear hub, it's a steady strap.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #25 on: 02.05. 2012 06:13 »
Doh, didn't put in pics
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #26 on: 03.05. 2012 11:58 »
Thanks Musky,For a one finger typer you doing well,and saving me a lot of work!! *beer*
  Yes the plates that hook onto the mounts half way down the down tubes!
  Not pickin' on yer work Pedro, you've done well.... *beer*
Also thanks for your hospitality offer, much appreciated -Could be a long while before I can take it up tho'!

Have to go eat will look more at the pegs after. Haven't had a chance to photo mine yet, cheers
Australia

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #27 on: 03.05. 2012 15:43 »
thanks for the input fellas but the beezer is custom so there's bound to be this kinda thing. concourse was not my plan,in any event.

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #28 on: 03.05. 2012 17:04 »
Heya Pedro, I think we're on the same page, was just curious, if it was the camera angle but figured there'd be logic involved.
  I appreciate the pictures,
  When I started to do mine parts and information were hard to find(even the wrong stuff), so I had to just make it work, with a loose sort of 'style' in mind.
   Concourse means keeping it concourse, and that's good for some, appreciation where it's due, but it and I also are not synonymous,especially (officially) living on a dirt road.
  Looking at your braking, seems the mechanical advantage much better than stock?? what's the origin outside intermediate lever from(the one in place of stock foot lever) ? Reckon I could use one in a shifter spot.
cheers duTch
Australia

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #29 on: 03.05. 2012 22:17 »
because i only have the front custom pegs,yes it's better. i believe the mid fulcrum was fabricated using the original position. as you can see there are 2 "ears" at the mid. should i take more pics to help you?
i didn't do this fabrication nor the shifter assembly.