Author Topic: Rusty  (Read 14446 times)

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: Rusty
« Reply #120 on: 08.12. 2016 04:58 »
nearly there... *smile*
have you read this bit 'Re-issuing black and silver ordinary plates' from here: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/licensing-rego/number-plates/
once you've got white ones there's no going back, and the black ones are way cooler

Thanks Mike!
Re-issuing black and silver ordinary plates

In certain circumstances we will allow the re-issue of a vehicle’s older style black and silver plates. The following conditions apply.

The number on the plates must be still available. Sometimes people use a number from the old black plates and put it on a personalised plate – in such cases the old plates cannot be re-used as the number has been 'taken'.
The plates must be in good condition.
You must prove that they were the plates issued to the vehicle when the registration was cancelled. The best evidence is the certificate of registration or other paperwork (insurance policy, repair receipts showing the registration number, etc).
This rule only applies to those who are reregistering their vehicle. For example, if a vehicle is currently registered with plates but previously had black and silver plates, these cannot be re-issued. Any person who is reregistering their vehicle and wishes to have their black and silver plates re-issued can write to:

Business Administration
NZ Transport Agency
Private Bag 11777
Palmerston North 4442

If approved, we will send you a letter to give to the agent processing your reregistration. This letter confirms that the plates may stay on the vehicle and that new plates are not required.

Doesn't sound like I'll have the plate resolved this week  *sad2*
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Online mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #121 on: 08.12. 2016 06:01 »
no it sounds frustratingly slow, but may be worth waiting for. black plates look much cooler and i think are less machine readable :o
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #122 on: 08.12. 2016 06:14 »
depends how they interpret this, its only on the receipt ex PO, but not on any formal paperwork  *conf*

You must prove that they were the plates issued to the vehicle when the registration was cancelled. The best evidence is the certificate of registration or other paperwork (insurance policy, repair receipts showing the registration number, etc).

I've made email inquiries. I agree; I prefer the more traditional black plates but can live with a "modern" white one if push comes to shove.
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #123 on: 14.12. 2016 02:27 »
four (working) days and several emails later have given up on trying to retain the old plate.  *problem*

so have instead just got a new one  *clap*

so yes its finally actually road legal.
New Zealand

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #124 on: 14.12. 2016 03:02 »
Congratulations RR...  well done, & I've enjoyed the journey..   *wink2*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Online mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #125 on: 14.12. 2016 03:31 »
awesome! will it make it to northcote?
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #126 on: 14.12. 2016 04:38 »
awesome! will it make it to northcote?

Not tonight, but one day perhaps.  There is an 18" qd wheel coming down for Stephen (as well as my daughter) and collecting a 19"qd . Not sure I'd trust the electrics for a night run yet.

Even fitting the plate involved a trip to the new shed as the rental shed has been cleared out and had to drill holes to fit it  *doh*
I am currently in a state of flux as moving next Thursday
New Zealand

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #127 on: 14.12. 2016 10:39 »
 *woo*,Followed this from start  to finish and you've done a cracking job , hope the move goes as smoothly as possible then have a  *beer* *beer* or 3 to celebrate !!
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #128 on: 16.12. 2016 03:37 »
I took it out for its first official ride, mind you only 20km round trip to a mates and it behaved itself nicely. Even started 1st kick when I left to come back.
Getting the bike to start with the 10TT carb is surprisingly simple if the throttle is just right and well primed which is much easier on the mainstand.
I did stall it at a stop/go for some road works (wasnt in neutral as I'd thought) but it restarted immediately once I'd found neutral.
What a great wee bike these are  *yeah*
Very happy with.

Is this the point I fess up that I am in the process of getting a 3rd A10? That could be a new thread for the new year  *shh*
Might have to sell something  *eek*
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #129 on: 08.10. 2017 20:51 »
Since getting the bike back on the road, it did the BSA national rally back in Feb (New Plymouth) then gained a belt drive dynamo drive. Since then Bender my racing sidecar has kept me busy and the 54 road rocket project needs my time so I have put a fresh warrant of fitness on the super rocket and will sadly sell it.  The two road rockets quite sufficient.

New Zealand

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #130 on: 09.10. 2017 15:28 »
RR someone is going to get a really great bike shame really  but only so many hours in the day isn't there ,cheers  *good3*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #131 on: 26.10. 2017 03:22 »
The mighty Super Rocket has been sold to what I hope will be a good home in Christchurch. I'll hopefully now have a wee bit more time to dedicate to my '54 road rocket , albeit still have several other bikes to flick on to clear more space and release more time and money
New Zealand

Online mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #132 on: 26.10. 2017 05:55 »
looks like a mild bidding war at the end there Tim. still, someone got some good buying
New Zealand