Author Topic: Rusty  (Read 14433 times)

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Rusty
« Reply #105 on: 17.10. 2016 10:09 »
Great, great line up.

I must admit I can sit in my pre-cast concrete garage of an evening sipping a scotch and looking about me at some of the fleet, and reflect that never mind some of the rubbish aspects of modern life - my 17 year old self would be pleased as punch to see them, and all in my name.

I'm flying out to Morocco this afternoon for a week of off road riding - on Yamahas I think, if only I'd had the money to do that when I was younger. If only ...
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #106 on: 07.11. 2016 03:30 »
I've waded past authentication statements, a declaration witnessed by a JP and now have all the paperwork with NZTA which is likely to consume November  *doh*.
The bike has definitely not been ridden round the block a number of times nor called in at the petrol station to refuel as that would be very naughty  *whistle*
Legal for December is the plan  *pull hair out*
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #107 on: 07.11. 2016 03:59 »
for BSA club's 'Rods Of Bullen' on 4th December???
(no pressure... ;))
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #108 on: 07.11. 2016 04:04 »
(no pressure... ;))

Lets hope so  :P
Also hoping to start moving my stuff to the new shed from this weekend.
There was a big mix up somehow the new house ended up being bigger than the shed which is only 69m2  *sad2*.
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Online Klaus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #109 on: 07.11. 2016 08:11 »
(no pressure... ;))

Lets hope so  :P
Also hoping to start moving my stuff to the new shed from this weekend.
There was a big mix up somehow the new house ended up being bigger than the shed which is only 69m2  *sad2*.

Hi Tim,

if you are not in a hurry I can help you *smile*

Sorry, we are missing the Rods of Burren and coming up to Warkworth around 10. Dez to pick up the Beemer.
So the actual plans I get from Sonya yesterday.

cheers Klaus

If you think, everything is under control, you are not fast enought.

BSA DB34 Goldstar, BSA A10 Road Rocked, BSA A7 Shooting Star, BSA M33, BSA M24, Kawa W650

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #110 on: 07.11. 2016 19:50 »

Hi Tim,

Sorry, we are missing the Rods of Bullen and coming up to Warkworth around 10. Dez to pick up the Beemer.

cheers Klaus
[/quote]

The beemers waiting for you  ;) , its not getting much use, so might need to take it for a run.
The pre Christmas weathers been all over the place so count on needing wet weather gear at some point.
Will be good to meet you and Sonya. A bit chaotic here with a house move planned prior to Christmas

New Zealand

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #111 on: 07.11. 2016 20:28 »
There was a big mix up somehow the new house ended up being bigger than the shed which is only 69m2
well its good to have enough space in the house to pull down one of the A10s in the living room. that shed looks way too small for your fleet
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #112 on: 07.11. 2016 21:00 »
There was a big mix up somehow the new house ended up being bigger than the shed which is only 69m2
well its good to have enough space in the house to pull down one of the A10s in the living room. that shed looks way too small for your fleet

The lounge and dining ranch sliders are flush mounted on the floor so I have certainly considered having something in the house.
One day I plan to do a glass topped side table a bit like the top gear v8 porsche coffee table, but with an A10 engine shell, I have enough spares to mock a '55 thin flange flash motor (swing arm type) .

Have just received one of those cush drive tools from a citroen for the BSA which I posted about else where on the forum, looks good. I'll bring it along to the club night tomorrow
Have also just bought a '57 transitional crank from the US as a spare. I do really like those pre 58 big journal cranks, they are soooo solid. Really smooth.

Yes the garage problem is an infestation of mini's  ;)
New Zealand

Online Klaus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #113 on: 07.11. 2016 21:25 »

Hi Tim,

Sorry, we are missing the Rods of Bullen and coming up to Warkworth around 10. Dez to pick up the Beemer.

cheers Klaus

The beemers waiting for you  ;) , its not getting much use, so might need to take it for a run.
The pre Christmas weathers been all over the place so count on needing wet weather gear at some point.
Will be good to meet you and Sonya. A bit chaotic here with a house move planned prior to Christmas
[/quote]

Thats sounds great  *smile*
My skin is waterproof, so no chance for the wet weather gear, by carry all the other stuff half around the world.

Let me know, if you need two strong arms by moving bikes to the sheed *grins*

If you think, everything is under control, you are not fast enought.

BSA DB34 Goldstar, BSA A10 Road Rocked, BSA A7 Shooting Star, BSA M33, BSA M24, Kawa W650

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #114 on: 12.11. 2016 23:38 »
Klaus,
 thanks for the offer  *wink2*, a very good mate who used to race a vincent sidecar (until a very serious race accident that almost killed him ) is lending me his small truck and I'll start shifting stuff fairly soon.
Tim
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #115 on: 21.11. 2016 09:22 »
My NZTA paperwork has come back from Wellington, not too shabby given they've recently had a fair bit of damage from the Earthquake, so I'm finally in a position to look at booking it in for its new VIN plate  *woo*
New Zealand

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #116 on: 21.11. 2016 09:44 »
Congrats
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #117 on: 21.11. 2016 11:06 »
Well done you ,another one back on the road !
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #118 on: 08.12. 2016 04:42 »
Well done you ,another one back on the road !

Very close! it got carted down to the big city for its VIN plate and WOF, now just needs registration  *roll*

I'm just checking with NZTA to see if I can possibly retain the old black number plate, but hope to have it fully road legal by the weekend - If NZTA don't get back to me promptly I'll just get a fresh plate rather than wait further.
New Zealand

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #119 on: 08.12. 2016 04:52 »
nearly there... *smile*
have you read this bit 'Re-issuing black and silver ordinary plates' from here: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/licensing-rego/number-plates/
once you've got white ones there's no going back, and the black ones are way cooler
New Zealand