Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 707 times)

Offline The pirate

• A's Good Friend
  • My Super Rocket
Introduction
« on: 31.03. 2012 18:43 »
Hi BSA guys and gals.

My alias is the Pirate and am known by that name. I live near York WA Australia. I have a Super Rocket modified to 'clubman' type of bike. It's not an RGS replica, its a replica of the one I had when I was a boy in the UK. I was on the committee of the Ipswich BSA owners club in the UK about 1973?  I have rebuilt many BSA's and it is in the retirement plan to start rebuilding again as a hobby. I also play Rockabilly guitar in a band and have a V12 jag for when I get the need for 4 wheels! So hi from me and look forward to reading heaps of articles.
The Pirate

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 31.03. 2012 19:39 »
 G'day Pirate,
                  welcome to the forum. A few active sandgropers here now.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline The pirate

• A's Good Friend
  • My Super Rocket
« Reply #2 on: 07.04. 2012 15:20 »
Thanks Muskrat, I have been reading heaps and am amazed at the depth of knowledge around. Just be looking at induction for carbys - allways been on my bike, I was told because the casting were so bad the carby flange was never "square' to both valves". Will be posting more when I have something worthwhile to say. Also the pictures of other bikes are great. Anyhow thats it for now.
The Pirate

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 07.04. 2012 16:44 »
Welcome Pirate, the carby thing has been discussed here (what hasn't) so you might find something if you use the search facility at the top right under your avatar, try "biased washer"
I'm trying to remember what part of the UK the venerable Phil Pearson came from - might have been around your way then - dunno damn memory
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 08.04. 2012 15:16 »
LOL !! "sandgroper" ? new one on Me "Muscrat" , whats the definition ..have to remember for when I speak to My relatives over there .

Steve ..
I own a 1955/56 B.S.A Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" , had it since 1976 .