Author Topic: Hi from new member Malc from Stoke on Trent Staffs UK  (Read 681 times)

Offline malcolm

• Active
 *eek* HI I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 65YH BIRTHDAY PRESENT A 1959 BSA GOLD FLASH FIRST REG DURHAM COWIES.IM LOOKING FORWARD TO RIDE OUTS WITH VMCC AND BSAOC NORTH STAFFS .ALEN FROM BANBURY SOLD ME THE OUTFIT WITH SQUIRE SIDECAR AND TOLD ME ABOUT THIS FORUM FOR WHICH IM VERY GRATEFUL.I WOULD LIKE TO POST A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE A10.CHEERS FOR NOW MALC.

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
Re: Hi from new member Malc from Stoke on Trent Staffs UK
« Reply #1 on: 19.03. 2012 13:26 »
Hi Malcom! and welcome along to the forum...

Congratulations on getting yourself an A10 motorcycle. A nice birthday present for someone if not for yourself!

The answers to your first questions regarding chain case cover and 6 to 12 volt conversions will be well covered here on the forum, might be a good idea to familiarise yourself with what we have covered.

How long have you had the bike? Is a 6 to 12 volt conversion necessary at this early stage? You'll find the magneto a good and reliable spark maker when running well, a recent discussion concerning fitting a capacitor/condensor is worth a read if yours is in need of attention. Is the clutch playing up? seems you are wanting to make adjustments in this area as well. You'll likely find that for much of the spring/summer you'll be getting to know the bike and ironing out previous owners bodges etc. I hope its a good un.

Enjoy participating on the forum! Cheers LJ.

P.S.... The capitals look like your SHOUTING!
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

beezermacc

« Reply #2 on: 20.03. 2012 08:26 »
Hello Malcolm. If you need any help, particularly with electrics, I'm round the corner in Macclesfield! If you click on my profile name on the left of this post "beezermacc" you will find my contact details and website. 
Regards,
Andrew

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #3 on: 20.03. 2012 09:03 »
Hello & welcome, and congratulations with your birthday present. Am hoping the forum will give you all help you may need.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"