Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1005 times)

Rudi

« on: 12.02. 2012 09:46 »
Hello Everyone,

As this is the first time I have posted to this, or any, forum, your patience is requested until I find my way around.

I live in Leicestershire, an easy ride from Mallory Park. The bike in the shed is my second A7, A 1959 model. The first was a 1949 model that I bought for £16 in 1970. Those were the days... Actually they were days of struggling in a freezing shed without proper tools, and re-attaching the sidecar at the roadside before each ride. But the sheer pleasure of riding such a motorcycle somehow made everything worthwhile. The bike was sold on after a couple of years but never forgotten. Are you still out there KLR 875?

Now it is the classic tale of advancing years bringing a warm(ish) shed, some good tools and the chance to experience again the pleasure of owning and riding a BSA.

Every new member must ask themself, "What can I do for the forum?". The quality of posts is so high it is hard for a newcomer to answer that question. All I can think of is to read every post, contribute when I can and trust to the indulgence of more experienced members.

So thank you all for the advice you have already given me as a guest, and for allowing me to join as a member.

Rudi

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 12.02. 2012 11:42 »
Hi Rudi and welcome to the forum.  As you know this is a friendly corner of the internet where help and advice on these BSA models is freely available.

You are absolutetely correct when you ask "What can I do for the forum?"  I think the obvious answer is "Just keep in touch".  It doesn't matter if you are not gifted with any particular form of expertise.  All you need to do is be part of the group, maybe keep us updated with your progress with the odd photograph or tell us about any rides you've enjoyed.  I'm sure that there are plenty of places to visit in Leicestershire that will be interesting to the rest of us.

Beezageezauk.

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 12.02. 2012 17:39 »
Hi Rudi and welcome. I have spent many happy hours at Mallory (watching not riding) and as I have never been to the Festival of 1000 bikes I am planning to go this year. all the best Goldy
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 12.02. 2012 19:19 »
 G'day Rudi, welcome to the forum.
                                               I often forget that for every member here there might be 100 lurking and learning. Good of you to join us.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #4 on: 13.02. 2012 19:54 »
Hi Rudi... I came through Leicestershire today on the A47, still a lot of snow lying around. Nice to have you aboard here.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 14.02. 2012 04:22 »
hi guys, L.J. recons he was on the A47! what sort of B.S.A. is that, lol, just the way it reads,cheers, Bob
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Rudi

« Reply #6 on: 14.02. 2012 17:12 »
Thank you all for the welcome!

Beezageezauk, yes there are plenty of beautiful country rides in Leicestershire. Is there a particular place on the forum to post suggested routes?

Goldy, as you know Sunday is the day for the racing bikes at the 1000 bike festival. Do take some ear protection. I went on the Sunday in 2010 and the sound was just too much. Then it turned out that the loudest bikes were all replicas...

Muskrat, I have been lurking and learning for a while myself. Now I wonder why I didn't join years ago.

LJ, there is still snow on the A47, but it will be bathed in sunshine from May to November (apart from the odd rainy day).

kiwipom, as a new member I hesitate to comment on the authenticity of the A47, but last time I fell on it, it was 100% genuine.

Rudi