Author Topic: hi new member  (Read 2023 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: hi new member
« Reply #15 on: 03.02. 2012 15:29 »
Chryslurr,

I don't know what you're talking about, the tank looks ready to go.

On a real note, I was wondering if any of our members might know if engines made and stamped in '54 might have left the factory in '55 frames? Maybe only BSAOC can verify this.

Richard L.

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 04.02. 2012 06:18 »
Hi mate, nice to have another West Aussie on the site. I gather you have a swinging arm frame... plenty of front engine mounts for them turn up on eBay. Some on at the moment I think. just be sure and get the ones with 2 holes at the bottom. The plunger frames only have one. My basket case hybrid came with the wrong ones. Just checked. They are now on the bench in the shed waiting for you to come n pick em up. Next time you are going through to Bunbury, let me know. I am in Mandurah. They may need work done on em. (I Suspect they were butchered a bit before I got em I  But would be at least a good start for a template. I'll spare ya the story about trying to fit a plunger motor to a plunger frame using SA front engine Mounts.... but the correct ones were divine after that game.

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 04.02. 2012 07:03 »
Hi again, a further fossick in the shed it has brought a decent rear guard to light... But: I would want to swap this for a similar condition front guard for a 51. if you are interested... let me know.

The tank... I took a carefully selected number of sharp blue metal stones from the side of the road, about a dozen or so, blocked off all holes in the tank after inserting them and some water, and had myself a very good shake rattle n roll session (enjoyed in isolation so I didn't get committed) and after a few goes the tank was closer to being ready for the next stage... cheaper way to start your job I suspect. just count the stones ya plonk in, and pray ya get the same number out... but if ya use too much neck oil during the dance routine.. ya might have more stones on exit. Enjoy. 

Offline chryslurr

• Active
« Reply #18 on: 04.02. 2012 08:48 »
hi gavin,
 i'm in melros,only front gaurd i have is a fibreglass trumpy 1,but i'll take ya up on the front plates,
there's a fine line between enuff and not enuff neck oil
 the tank may be past it
evidence of open heart surgery in the past

Offline chryslurr

• Active
« Reply #19 on: 23.03. 2012 11:18 »
well 
  after a few mishaps,  we are back on track to the ressurection.
a box of neck oil seen the frame stripped and undercoated.
now we just need a color scheme