Author Topic: Cherry Tree Pool  (Read 741 times)

Cherry Tree Pool

Cherry Tree Pool
« on: 05.07. 2011 03:54 »
Re;Cherry Tree Pool. When I looked at all the names I was battling to think of one for myself. A bit crass I admit but it is the name of the locality where my farm is in the district of Kojonup in southwest Western Australia; so named after the the Quandong trees that grow in the bush. Hope that clarifies things. Phillip.

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
Cherry Tree Pool
« Reply #1 on: 05.07. 2011 05:14 »
Hey Phil,
The pleasure of Quandong jam!!
We used to collect the fruit and my grandmother knew how to make a great jam.

Quandong trees only bear fruit every two years; you have to be quick to pick it before the fruit fly and emus get them!

The pic below shows two quangdong trees (2.5 m high), with green fruit; they are orange when ripe.

This is what we were riding through the bush, when we found them (I was on the rigid bike; tough gig!)

Sorry about the pic size; i try not to post many; still haven't been able to shrink them!
adm comment: it's very easy, photobucket provides the readymade links, a simple copy and paste job, I did your photos in a few seconds. But don't be sorry, you're posting great photos.

Richard

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Cherry Tree Pool
« Reply #2 on: 07.07. 2011 21:55 »
G'day Phil, welcome to the forum.
                                             Richard won't feel lonely over there now.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7