Author Topic: New Member  (Read 736 times)

Offline sidecarstar

• Active
  • All the gear no idea
« on: 20.05. 2011 11:05 »
Hello All, I have been given a 1960 A10 to use this summer; myself and the owner disinterred it from his garden and after a fair amount of effort got it started. It ran but not very well so we substituted a mag which had been reconditioned some years ago but not fitted. It ran very well revved nicely and ticked over a treat . . . .and then stopped. Much swapping of bits later we have come to the conclusion the newly rewound armature is at fault. Oh well! I race a 51 Thunderbird outfit in VMCC meetings and practice at Mallory regularly. If any of you good people fancy a go then give me a shout - try reading my article in, I think last month's VMCC journal to find out how much fun it is (and how much it can hurt!) Cheers, David

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 20.05. 2011 17:26 »
"Been given a 1960 A10 " you jammy so and so. I live not for from mallory park ually go and spectate nice little circuit though never been on it. I suppost the festival of 1000 bikes is the big one.
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: 20.05. 2011 21:56 »
Nice to have another sidecar racer on the forum! One of the bikes that influenced my own build was the lovely girder rigid 6T of Sue & George Derbyshire who bought their rig out to NZ a few years back. I had a historic (read fairly battered, featherbed based) norton atlas rig and after seeing their bike decided to build a proper old school rigid albeit with just the one camshaft in the correct place behind the motor  *fight*
Hope you get some pleasure from your new acquisition over the UK summer while here we're in winter rebuild mode with temperatures plummeting down to the mid teens (in celsius)

A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand