Author Topic: Lightning Spares  (Read 3466 times)

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
Re: Lightning Spares
« Reply #15 on: 17.03. 2013 00:14 »
Old post I know, I just came across it while reading another post, but I would also highly recommend Brian and chris at lightning spare's. both very friendly, vast knowledge of everything bsa. Excellent quality of stock. And always willing to help. They Do mail order world wide.
Contact number: 0161 969 3850
Email: lightning-spares@lighting-spares.co.uk
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
« Reply #16 on: 17.03. 2013 06:00 »
"Chaz" , where are You based please ?

Steve...
I own a 1955/56 B.S.A Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" , had it since 1976 .

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 17.03. 2013 10:32 »
I'll echo all the above recommendations, also had stuff from Molnar but had a problem - not resolved to my satisfaction, trouble with Stainless is proving (if you have to) that it was lubed previous to threading up.
Most of our dealers trade on Ebay (look at - location - to get a clue who they are) so Paypal is available to most if not all, and apart from Ebay's faults it does get around the global time thing
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 17.03. 2013 11:20 »
 Hi Guys, my two bobs worth- that's I think a 'Quattro momento', for some folk.
 Some stainless pattern stuff (probably doesn't matter stainless or not), particularly threaded, or tolerance/interference bits are not always interchangeably compatible. I bought a Stainless axle one source, and its' nut elsewhere, they didn't go together, but each would fit its corresponding 'old-original' counterpart (if you know what I mean) so sometimes it's a bit of 'pot-luck'. Also had my mate make a double end BSC stud, to fit a nut -7/16", but the 7/16" stock 'off the shelf' nuts didn't fit- had to run a tap over threads, ok granted the nuts were UNF, but same threadform for 7/16 bsc (20tpi).
   Not bitching, but just pointing out that these things happen(but shouldn't)

Re Lightning Spares, some tolerances I feel are too close, the order took a month or so to process, but in fairness it was lots of bits and pieces, but what blew me away was that it was posted DHL Friday Chester-wherever, and arrived in Bris-Vegas, Australia, monday -3 Days later, I WAS impressed

cheers, duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia