Author Topic: Anything for my 1955 BSA frame  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Jayce Lane

• Active
Anything for my 1955 BSA frame
« on: 24.01. 2008 15:00 »
Some of you might have come across my posting in the technical section.  I acquired and early BSA frame 1954 or 1955, and would like to build a road rocket.

I am desperately short of spares, as all i have is the frame.  Please let me know what you have.

Thanks

Jayce

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Anything for my 1955 BSA frame
« Reply #1 on: 24.01. 2008 17:43 »
Jayce,

Knowing that you were gifted the frame, is there an expectation that the whole bike will be built thusly? Otherwise, there are many good parts sources that I and others will be happy to steer you toward. As for myself, I have purchased many parts by Ebay and through suppliers. Perhaps you are asking that we offer to sell you our spares before listing them elsewhere. I have no problem with that, but I think the asking prices will be somewhat below those of suppliers and equal to or above typical Ebay prices. I don't mean to sound mercinary, but it is probabaly a good idea to understand the conditions beforehand.

Richard

Offline Jayce Lane

• Active
Re: Anything for my 1955 BSA frame
« Reply #2 on: 25.01. 2008 06:49 »
Dear Richard

It would have been a novel idea, if BSA owners around the world donated parts and so contributed to the first donated restoration.

However I was lucky getting the frame, parts can be scarce at least in South Africa, most people realise the value of what they have and so I dont have any expectations. (but one can always dream)

So, if you have something that I could use and have a price, I am a willing buyer albeit on a budget.

How how plan to progress with my restore is to first get to a rolling chassis stage i.e. frame, suspension and wheels in place.  Then I will turn my attention to engine and other body related bits.

Cheers

Jayce