Author Topic: Gearbox oil seal  (Read 1747 times)

Offline 1KCBC

• Songkhla,Thailand.
  • A's Good Friend
Gearbox oil seal
« on: 12.12. 2007 06:22 »
Hi all,I'm looking for gearbox oil seal for my A10'1951.Can anyone help me please.Thanks.

Jaran.
1951 A10GF,(looking for  A10 swinging-arm)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Gearbox oil seal
« Reply #1 on: 12.12. 2007 13:03 »
Jaran,

I think you will find this is a common part available from any of the larger British bike parts houses. Here in the U.S. a company called "Domiracer" recently bought out the large inventory of new BSA parts of another big online parts supplier, "British Only." Also, there is "Britcycle" and others in the U.S. In the UK, "SRM," "Draganfly," "Leigh Classics," and the list goes on. I looked up your part in my parts book and I believe I identified the seal you are looking for. Here is the link to the Domiracer part:  https://www.domiracer.com/comersus/store/comersus_searchItem.asp     Please check to be sure this is the correct item. If you do not own a parts manual, you'd better buy one of those first.

Richard

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 12.12. 2007 15:26 »
Jaran,

When I copied the web address from Domiracer, I didn't know that the information for the specific item would not be included. Now, I am in my office and do not have access to my parts book, however, I think the part number you are looking for might be 67-3067, which you should seach Domiracer as 673067. Again, please confirm this is the correct part. As obsessed as I am, I will probabaly check this number when I get home to see if it is the one I meant the first time. Sorry, if this is confusing.

Richard

Offline 1KCBC

• Songkhla,Thailand.
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 13.12. 2007 08:29 »
Thank you very much Richard to give me open up for the spare part.I think, I found it.Should it be this one?
1951 A10GF,(looking for  A10 swinging-arm)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 13.12. 2007 12:33 »
Jaran,

In my parts book, the part number of the seal for the type of gearbox that bolts to the crankcase is 67-3067. That is also the part number for completely separate gearbox, so, if that is what you are showing, I think it is correct. The photo does look like what is shown in the parts book drawing. You would think I would remember, since I am sure I replaced mine a couple of years ago.

Richard

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 15.12. 2007 21:41 »
Gentlemen, the early plunger/rigid gearboxes did not have an oil seal as such. The sprocket had a scroll machined in the 'seal' area and a sleeve fitted in the case where the seal is fitted on  later boxes. This was changed in, I think 1953. I may be corrected here. If you are going to fit a seal into the box, make sure you have the later sprocket without the scroll. I have done this on all my gear boxes.