Author Topic: Amal 10tt9 wanted - GOT ONE!  (Read 1500 times)

Offline mark

• Melbourne, Australia
  • A's Good Friend
Amal 10tt9 wanted - GOT ONE!
« on: 16.09. 2010 04:44 »
I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for a 1 1/16'' 10tt9 to suit a 55 road rocket. Any leads would be appreciated. I know what a new one will cost.
Mark
1955 Road Rocket
1953 Super Flash
71 Norton Commando Roadster 750
Australia

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: Amal 10tt9 wanted
« Reply #1 on: 19.09. 2010 22:16 »
I kept my eye on flea bay and managed to get one that way.
The one I sourced had a 7 degree rather than the required 15 degree bowl, but a clever mate has modified it to 15 degrees and has restamped it accordingly. I did get the slightly larger size too which is approx 30mm.
Now I'm just waiting on a fine day to start it up as we need to mix up the methanol and put on rollers for starting. we can then sort out cut aways and jets on the TT's. In my case the BSA gods transpired to find me a second matching carb so I have a matched left and right handed pair ;D ;D ;D

A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline mark

• Melbourne, Australia
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 20.09. 2010 09:12 »
Hello Tim I was going to contact you to thank you for putting me in touch with Kerry. I am now the proud owner of an unmolested twin port head to suit my Rocket. Now for the correct carby! It would be silly not to put the correct one on now don't you think. Does anyone have experience with the quality of the new ones?
All the best
Mark
1955 Road Rocket
1953 Super Flash
71 Norton Commando Roadster 750
Australia

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 20.09. 2010 11:51 »
Ah the 10TT9 carb, that brings back memories. I filled up with petrol one day, 1960'ish, and kept the engine running so as not to have to restart it. I went in to pay and left the girlfriend on the throttle to stop it stalling since there isn't any tick over adjustment screw. While inside there was this horrendous racket outside so we all rushed out in time to see the bike vibrating across the forecourt with her attached to the throttle, turning it the wrong way, bloody hilarious. Morals of the story - don't trust a female with your pride and joy and also ask yourself if you really want to run with a carb that doesn't have a tick over facility. Good luck anyhow.
Alan
Member of the 'Last of the Summer Wine Club - Jennycliff'.