Author Topic: Whats everyone working on  (Read 2187 times)

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
Whats everyone working on
« on: 11.10. 2007 04:08 »
Hi Guys
  Whats everyone working on?  I myself,  I am fidding with my 59 Super Rocket.  Clutch woes!  I unsuccessfully tried to install a 4 spring basket with a unit 3 spring center.  I couldn't get it to work with out slipping.  So I put the 6 spring item back on.  So now I am trying to get it set up so I can easily pull the lever with one hand.  What about you guys?  Jeff

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Re: Whats everyone working on
« Reply #1 on: 11.10. 2007 05:04 »
How's it going Jeff, I'm up to my eyeballs in my 61' Flash I bought recently. You may have seen the photo I posted. It was meant to be restored but as usual it was a mess mechanically, I have just about finished it. In a nutshell I had to, regrind crank including resizing rods, rebore with new pistons etc, new valves, guides, seat inserts, springs etc, rewound maggy, new bushes and bearings in the gearbox, powdercoated frame etc. etc. etc. Hopefully I will have it finished in the next few weeks so I can get back to the Star twin. Brian

Offline flatdeck

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 11.10. 2007 21:16 »
Hi Jeff,
No guesses what I'm playing with :-) The A7 ignition timing and sparks ... many thanks to those who have offered advice and encouragement over the past few weeks. I will not give in, I will not give in ....
Dave
NZBSAOC
1949 A7 Star Twin
Kent, U.K. then Auckland, N.Z.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 11.10. 2007 22:19 »
Still with the ongoing project a conversion from A10 Flash cafe racer to sporty A10 ( Rocket Gold Flash ). almost finished putting in next years oilseed rape, wheat and Winter Barley so hope to get really stuck in next few months, currently stalled with shed reorganisation and clean up after the discovery of presence of mice, the little beggars must have taken their chance when I was replacing the door a few weeks ago, however a neighbours cat ( Bill ) also got in and made a killing or two.
Two pieces of cheese placed on the floor have remained untouched for a week now so either the shed is a rodent free area or there is a game of double bluff taking place.

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline 1KCBC

• Songkhla,Thailand.
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 12.10. 2007 02:18 »
I'm preparing my A10'51 for the trip on this december.Now I'm waiting for the oil seal and the bearing insulation cups to overhaul the magneto. And after that I have to test my bike about 100 kms. to make sure that it will not have a problem all the way.Because of the distance of this trip are about 2500 kms.
Have a nice day.Jaran
1951 A10GF,(looking for  A10 swinging-arm)

Offline Pim

• A's Good Friend
  • Enschede - The Netherlands
« Reply #5 on: 14.10. 2007 22:08 »
Hello, as you can read in my introduction I'm rebuilding an 1957 a7. I've visited a powdercoat company which is run by a guy whose childeren my mother had in her class. He showed me around and had a drink there. He told me about some computer issues he had, and cince i;ve used them all my life i fixed his problem straight ayway, he was so happy i could bring the parts i wanted to powdercoat in at any time and he will sand them and coat them *smile* really nice guy.

Good luck on all you lovely projects!
Greetings from The Netherlands
Slow but steady...

Offline jfligg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 15.10. 2007 23:37 »
Well Guys
  I got the 59 Super Rocket back together.  I will probably leave getting it running until next spring.  The riding season is getting short here. 
  Hi Pim Welcome to the board.  Good Luck and have fun with it.  Trust me,  its the start of the addiction.  I think the A7 is one of the nicest bikes ever made.
  Hi Jaran  Have a good trip and be sure to take lots of pic to show us.
  Hi Bsabill  Thats funny, I ahve been thinking of building a Cafe racer.  I have a big alloy spitfire tank and some sweptback pipes.  Maybe,  That will be my next project.
  Hi Flatdeck  Hows it going.  Get the bike running yet?
  Hi Brian  I would like to see some pics of the Flash.  Its funny how often someone gets a bike that is supposed to be restored, but turns out to need alot of work.  Its happened to me.  Tlak to you later guys.  Jeff

Offline flatdeck

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #7 on: 16.10. 2007 04:00 »
Hi Jeff, Whilst the A7 is still not running I think we've eliminated some causes, at least that sounds positive :-).
We have fuel and compression and the timing has been checked and checked. We appear to be missing a decent spark... Mag rebuild is next in line alongwith replacing the fibre drive gear ..... summer's coming, gotta get her going ... Cheers,
Dave
Dave
NZBSAOC
1949 A7 Star Twin
Kent, U.K. then Auckland, N.Z.