Author Topic: Hi, from Aberdeen Scotland  (Read 1953 times)

Offline dodmo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
  • Moving Up
Hi, from Aberdeen Scotland
« on: 07.05. 2007 10:38 »

Hello all,
Just a quick post to introduce myself.
I'm a life-long biker from Aberdeen, just turned fifty and decided to go back to my biking roots.

Click on the image to see the larger version which includes my other bike

To this end I recently acquired this A10. (I hope the restoration purists won't be too offended by the modifications that have been done to the bike.) It was built by a good mate of mine, who has moved to Australia for work, and this was one of a number of bikes he had to part with before leaving.

When I collected it, it hadn't been run for two or three years so I "trailered" it home and I've been checking it over and re-acquainting myself with the joys of owning a British bike.

The bike had barely done "running in" mileage following a complete engine rebuild when it was laid up, so I'm hoping not to encounter any major problems.

I've done some work on it and have a couple of questions which I'll post later in the tech forum.

All the best
dodmo

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Hi, from Aberdeen Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 07.05. 2007 18:44 »
Hello, you are very welcome, thanks for the your nice presentation post.
Hope you will find help and friends here.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 08.05. 2007 07:58 »
Welcome to the forum dodmo,
I live near Buckie so we are almost neighbours. It's a pity your bike is not quite ready for the road or you could have brought it along to the Grampian Classic Motorcycle run up Cairn O Mount this Sunday. I have entered my A7 but I have to bodge a speedo on it and get it through an MoT before Sunday! If you get time, come along anyway to see a big gathering of old bikes.There are plenty of other Beezers in the club so it would be worth your while joining. We meet at the Legion in Oldmeldrum on the first Tuesday of each month. *smile*

Offline dodmo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
  • Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 08.05. 2007 15:57 »
Thanks Erling and Fido,

I hope I can make a positive contribution to the forum.

Good to hear you're nearby Fido. I don't know about Sunday, but I may well come along to Oldmeldrum and join up, once I'm running the bike - hopefully next month *smile*.

Cheers
dodmo