Author Topic: Threaded plunger footpegs adaptor WTD  (Read 260 times)

Offline owain

• A's Good Friend
Threaded plunger footpegs adaptor WTD
« on: 09.07. 2024 19:22 »
Thought I try and fresh effort to source one of these elusive threaded footpegs adaptors to mount pillion footpegs onto a plunger frame. I have one, so I'm just looking for another one somewhere if some has one laying around?

Otherwise if anyone could point me in the direction of a place that I can get a 3/4" CEI bolt that I could drill through a substitute?
Sweden & North Wales
'50 BSA A10
'69 BSA A75R
'29 Rudge Special

Online limeyrob

• Resident Legend
Re: Threaded plunger footpegs adaptor
« Reply #1 on: 09.07. 2024 20:12 »
3/4 CEI can be 26 TPI or 20 TPI (yes its very confusing).  If its 20 TPI try a 3/4 UNF bolt as it may fit.
Slough 59 GF/SR

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Threaded plunger footpegs adaptor WTD
« Reply #2 on: 10.07. 2024 08:56 »
I had some adapters made for me so that I could use generic folding footpegs. I probably wrote it up. Try a search. I never got around to fitting the dual seat so did not fit the pegs. Bad timing from you; they were in a box of spare bits that I included in the sale of my bike.

Update:
I did not have the threaded Inserts in the frame holes. My design was two parts. The main part fitted through the large hole in the frame but had a flange to prevent it passing right through, (imagine a hat shape) The second part was basically a large washer. The threaded portion of the generic folding footrest passed through and the nut held the assembly together. I'm pretty sure I asked for stainless steel for the parts.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline owain

• A's Good Friend
Re: Threaded plunger footpegs adaptor WTD
« Reply #4 on: 11.07. 2024 21:11 »
Thanks for replies. Yeah, my timing is definitely off. I stupidly sold off a pair of threaded footpeg adaptors when I sold my sidecar. It seems that I'll either have to find a lathe somewhere or possibly 3d print them. I'm leaning towards the latter for the sake of time and money. Plus I'm curious to see how well they'd hold up.
Sweden & North Wales
'50 BSA A10
'69 BSA A75R
'29 Rudge Special