Author Topic: 1958 A10 Golden Flash Silencer Bracket Fitment  (Read 244 times)

Offline Petergj

• Active
As I continue with the rebuild of my 1958 A10 Golden Flash, can someone please advise which way the brackets (42-2655) which support the silencers should be fitted i.e. on the inside or outside of the pillion footrest hanger and which way the fold in the bracket should face. A photo showing the correct installation would be ideal.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Peter

Offline TimK

• A's Good Friend
Re: 1958 A10 Golden Flash Silencer Bracket Fitment
« Reply #1 on: 01.07. 2024 05:05 »
Hi Peter
Mine are mounted on the inside of the footrest hangar with the one fold in and one fold out in order to get the silencers to line up with the headers. I think if you put the brackets on the outside of the footrest hangar it will cause the kickstart to foul the R/H silencer.
Cheers
Tim
Tim Kerridge
Australia

Online limeyrob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 01.07. 2024 08:19 »
Mine has a 2 into 1 so it only has a right side silencer.  The bracket is on the outside with the bend towards the wheel.  Confusingly the parts book shows the bend away from the silencer so that would suggest it goes behind the foot pedal bracket.  I used the wear marks on mine to decide which way to put it but I'll try it the other way round, I think the bend means the position of the silencer is similar either way.
Slough 59 GF/SR

Offline Jules

• Resident Legend
  • 1956 A10 s/arm Golden Flash
« Reply #3 on: 02.07. 2024 11:52 »
I would suggest that whatever works best with the parts you have! juggling pipes and silencers to fit is dependant purely on the "quality" of the parts in your hands, many a discussion about these parts has been had on the forum over the yrs....