Author Topic: Thermal expansion  (Read 480 times)

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Thermal expansion
« Reply #15 on: 29.06. 2024 12:04 »
   I'm thinking two custom reducers would do it, but you are having a niggle moment about reducing the bore of the pipe, restricting gas flow and increasing back pressure. All valid factors, but in the real world I doubt whether it would make much difference to ultimate perfomance.

Time to catch Bergs in a good mood and consult MWAS?

Swarfy.

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #16 on: 29.06. 2024 15:31 »
Done!  I cut around 90mm off the silencers so the stainless pipe just slots in with a bit of twisting.  Appled some exhaust gasket cement before putting it together and am considering something like tape or discreet clamp to finish off.  For the other end, I'll need to rustle up some thin steel or copper to act as a very thin reducer.  Couple of slits in the stainless pipe and it should all go together nicely.  Tried it on already and it does look a lot better than the megas.  Of course, need to paint and fit then take it for a blast to cure the paint.  Oh, and need to sort a fixing bracket or nick the one off the megas (will need to angle grind off as they're seized).

Just looking for a half decent finish on the silencers and no leaks and I'll be happy.

Note to self: need practice on angle grinder cutting as it was a bit wonky (bit that goes in the silencer).
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online limeyrob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #17 on: 29.06. 2024 16:26 »
Stainless Mikalor type clamps are good, a bit wider.
Slough 59 GF/SR