Author Topic: Cable routing query >  (Read 366 times)

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
Cable routing query >
« on: 07.09. 2023 10:07 »
Hello , as long as I have owned My 1955/56 "Golden Flash"(since 1973) , I have never been certain of the original cable routing (throttle , choke , etc ?
I have always run the wiring harness throgh the swaging on the timing side of the swinging arm frame and suspect the throttle and choke cables would originally have been routed through the swaging on the primary drive side of the frame ?
Can Any knowledgeable member comment please ? I know that I have posed this question a few years ago but Im still not certain ?
hoping Someone may have pictures ?

I have just routed Mine as above for the first time and havent tried it on the road yet but there doesnt appear to be any tugging on the cables at full lock either way ?
Also how would the front brake cable have been routed (Ariel hub) ?
I dont like the current run as it hangs in the wind and chafes the front mudguard so will make a bracket later to hold it away .

Thank You in advance,
Steve..
I own a 1955/56 B.S.A Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" , had it since 1976 .

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Cable routing query >
« Reply #1 on: 07.09. 2023 15:37 »
Hi Steve, I wouldn't say knowledgeable but this is my 1960 s/arm GF. so will be a different from your 55/56 model. Pic shows a cable guide that was used on my model to hold the cable in, it's secured by the mudguard bracket's rear bolt and you may be able to work out if one would go somewhere on your 55/56 model.

My harness goes through the frame bracket for the bump rubbers, clutch cable is above it and throttle cable on other side.

I'm not sure if any of it is correct, all I can say is that it's been like that since I've had the bike (albeit with the old style original wiring). I did have a couple of almost new GFs in the 60s but I can't remember those details.  *sad2*

Rog.

1960 Golden Flash