Author Topic: Suitable car paint code to match silver Rocket Gold Star petrol tank?  (Read 284 times)

Offline jjbsa

• A's Good Friend
I hope the title says it all.  I need to spray the tank on a Rocket Goldie.  Can anyone tell me a car maker's paint code from one of the big makers, e.g. Ford, VW etc. that is a good/decent match to what BSA used so I can order paint from a trade supplier?    I'm aware that different silver paints have diferent sized metallic particles in them.  I can handle 2K paints and will have to use them to cope with petrol containing ethanol.  I'm UK based so will be using UK suppliers. Thanks for all help,
Jon

Online sean

• Valued Contributor
VW new beetle silver

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Although not a BSA I painted one of my Moto Guzzi's with a Ford colour called "Lightning Strike Silver" which I believe is a standard Ford colour. A friend of mine built a RGS replica and used this colour on his tank and he reckons it is perfect. I used a base coat with a 2 pack clear over the top. If you have an automotive paint supplier close to you I would go and see if they have colour samples that you could look at.