Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 156327 times)

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #3540 on: 18.09. 2024 20:17 »
G'day Fellas.
BUGGA just got an ebay notification re the GPM rings. Vendor is out of stock and refunded the $$$. The hunt continues.
It's not just pattern parts for our BSA's that are a bit iffy  *pull hair out*. Master cylinder kit arrived and installed last night. Just looking at it I could see differences but put it in anyway. It works but I can see it won't be long before it starts to leak.  *rant*
Cheers
BUGGA, BUGGA, BUGGA.
 Well it worked for a mile or so. Seems the master cylinder wasn't letting fluid back so every time I used the brake it was dragging to the point the disc got that hot it warped.
Note to self "if it ain't right it ain't going on"
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3541 on: Today at 00:53 »
Bugga Musky. A new disc needed?
Tried to find out why the beeza leccy starter won't work. Not the battery, so looking further.
Assembled the LHS cylinder of the Lilac Magnum (like a BMW R50 series). Had to remember that the piston goes in upsidedown. RHS on today.
Col
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3542 on: Today at 10:14 »
 I had Musky's problem years ago on a Yamaha XS 650. Front brake working fine, then binds on. Realised what was happening, so saved the disc. Roadside fix is to slack off the feed pipe, sacrifice a few dribbles of fluid and push the caliper back. Re tighten the feed, ride carefully and avoid using that bad brake unless you have to.

Simple cause, in this case alloy crap blocking return hole in master cylinder. Bet Musky's is a similar manufacturing fault, or a coincidental failure of a rubber hose playing the one way valve trick.

Swarfy.

PS. Nice one Bergs, Fine Dining in Buxton.  Ferodo Factory not far away.....just out of interest.