Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 153153 times)

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #3075 on: 18.10. 2023 17:40 »
worty haha these pipes in the pics have been on for years , when you hear some of the hardly tractors and scoobie doos who cares. just put a warning on the bike *beer*

Brilliant Bergs - on the Kwaka, mine say for pre 1985 only - just passed its MoT. *dunno*  Not quite as bold as yours, but I was looking at very similar items to replace my megas when the time comes.  Spent most of the day cleaning the bike and wire brushing/polishing up the exhausts, etc, look pretty good now but will have to clean every time I get caught in the rain. *doh*

I think my main issue in life is that I love taking things apart and putting them back together again - good job really, owning British iron. *eek* *eek* *wink2* *warn* *beer* *beer* *beer*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #3076 on: 18.10. 2023 18:11 »
worty you love taking things apart and putting them back together, yeah man come and work on van  *bash* *pull hair out*

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3077 on: 18.10. 2023 18:32 »
worty you love taking things apart and putting them back together, yeah man come and work on van  *bash* *pull hair out*

You must be b****y joking, my friend, there's taking stuff apart then there's insanity :o :o :o
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3078 on: 18.10. 2023 19:11 »
 *lol* *lol* *lol* *roll* *whistle*
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline fffcycles

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3079 on: 19.10. 2023 15:16 »
Hmm, I guess I verge on the insanity side of things. I have often (read as pretty much all the time) completed a job only to turn around and dismantle again so I can "improve" some assembly or appearance.
I get to experience all of this anew as I am back in my shop today after 5-6 months of medical intervention, First thing is starting my A7, poor baby needs some attention, and the RE Bullet for some settling and heating after a top-end rebuild in February.
Frank
Frank P Kamloops BC
1948 A7 Long Stroke, a collection of BSA D1/B44/B50/A65 from the 50's thru 70's, Ariels/Nortons/Triumphs and a smattering of Japanese

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3080 on: 19.10. 2023 15:39 »
Hmm, I guess I verge on the insanity side of things. I have often (read as pretty much all the time) completed a job only to turn around and dismantle again so I can "improve" some assembly or appearance.
I get to experience all of this anew as I am back in my shop today after 5-6 months of medical intervention, First thing is starting my A7, poor baby needs some attention, and the RE Bullet for some settling and heating after a top-end rebuild in February.
Frank

I have a gnawing dissatisfaction when I've done a job and I know it's a balls-up, even though it may work.  If it does work, I try to ignore it until I come back to it again, then do it properly.  If it doesn't work, I curse a lot, drink beer, calm down, then come back to it when my head's in the right place (not immediately after drinking beer, I might add *warn* *warn*) *beer* *beer* *beer*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3081 on: 19.10. 2023 19:12 »
worty haha these pipes in the pics have been on for years , when you hear some of the hardly tractors and scoobie doos who cares. just put a warning on the bike *beer*
Not for....
People with sensitive ears?
Use in a silent order of monks?
Outside a hospital?
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3082 on: 19.10. 2023 19:22 »
GB -- not for road use -- unless your name is berger and make em have it

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3083 on: 29.10. 2023 17:25 »
decided to take urma the yonda for a Derbyshire tour to look at some damage after Chesterfield drowned in 4 feet of water. she took a bit of starting but eventually kicked in on two then three then all four and off we went. it was not cold but the sun was a bit of a blinder, i came across a few of the road closed signs due to land slips but of course me and urma love a challenge and if we can squeeze through we do and did.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3084 on: 29.10. 2023 18:20 »
G'day Fellas.
The old A7 was due for rego Sunday so on Saturday I took her down to Campbelltown for inspection. I had planed to ride but with the DVRII having a hissy fit I had to trailer. Killed two birds with the one stone, Club meeting (I'm Public Officer and Medic), meat raffle at Bradbury Pub and a few beers with the bro's.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3085 on: 29.10. 2023 19:28 »
Put the polished up pipes back on the Kwaka with new header gaskets - nice and solid now with no 'wobble'.  Drained the rest of the oil out of the GF sump, pumped tyres up, now to wait on the next riding day (suspended whilst I bolt the Octy's driveshaft back on) *angry* *pull hair out* *pull hair out*

Managed to get the driveshaft off this evening before dark, just one sheared bolt in the gearbox connection and will have to grind off the bent bolt on the driveshaft.  The grease gasket has completely disappeared, so may just do without (not critical if bolted up tightly).  Tomorrow will be more car work in between the showers *razz* *razz* *razz* *razz*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Online BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #3086 on: 29.10. 2023 22:19 »
Went out for a short blast which turned into a long one. At my usual coffee stop there were 3 classic scooters parked up, who got the nod, but chose to park a bit away from them? Whilst waiting for my drink I couldn’t help thinking of Quadrephenia and singing to myself “we are the mods, we are the mods” etc. Good old days came to mind when they would turn up on mass in Torquay and me and my mates would pretend to go out “mod bashing”. Truth is one of our group got bashed lightly, happy memories though.
Sorry to ramble, had a great ride not too many leaves yet and dodged the showers. Had been fiddling with the carb and pleased with that. Looking forward to dry, leaf free roads of  winter when less traffic and the engine gets to suck in that cold moist air that it loves!
 *good3* *good3* *beer*
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Offline Black Sheep

• Wise & Enlightened
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #3087 on: 30.10. 2023 06:24 »
Got a mag problem with the Star Twin. Won't run when the ignition is retarded. The newly refurbished mag was sent back under guarantee for a fix but the problem has re-appeared. So took the mags off the Star Twin and the A10 to do a swap to confirm that the problem is either the mag or the bike. The mag produces a great spark when just flicking it over whether on full advance or full retard. Puzzled.
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3088 on: 01.11. 2023 23:25 »
the one thing i haven't done for years is take betsy out on cold damp and wet diesel covered road days, but today i jumped on her---- kickstart while at a loose end in the garage and thought sod it we are OUT OUT. i only went about 15miles round trip but by eck was it good , BROOM BROOM betsy loved it apart from running into more of the lets dig traffic lights with absolutely nothing happening on the part of the road that was blocked off!!! the best part by far was seeing the plod in the middle of the jam and betsy doing a Christine with a mind of her own and giving plod full megas in first gear as she made her way to the front. the girlfriend heard me coming home and had the cup of tea ready and waiting  *yeah*

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3089 on: 02.11. 2023 04:29 »
Oh yes the sound is doubly fabulous when it bounces off a Plod's helmet eh?