Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 155383 times)

Online Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #2490 on: 10.09. 2022 14:01 »
^^^ One can do quite some tweaks in the main search page, see picture.

The " around "ball bearing" narrows down search to only look for occurences of that exact combination of words (phrase).

Test, do a search with ball bearing, then "ball bearing", and see the resulting differences.

btw, see https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=1352.msg9632#msg9632
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2491 on: 10.09. 2022 15:49 »
What I have done with my bike today is:
Ride a circuitous route around the UK Peak District. The scenery here is superb. The roads are superb. The motorcycles in the BSAOC pelaton were superb. Even the weather was kind to us. We stopped for lunch at a really good cafe where they made their own scrummy cakes. I am now back in my accommodation having had a steaming hot shower.
Some pictures.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5U4FspRtEwzdLjtZ8

My Emily was as good as gold!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2492 on: 10.09. 2022 16:36 »
That must have been a very nice ride. By the way, your tent looks very comfortable.  *smile*

Richard L.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2493 on: 10.09. 2022 16:38 »
To all:

As previously mentionned, the problem with the "what have you done" topic is some (many, many) tech problems\solutions threads belonging in other boards are getting buried and disapearing among 1000's of unrelated posts, missing specific title, difficult to find or follow.

Please post in the tech boards for any & all specific tech cases.

Thanks

*clap*

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #2494 on: 10.09. 2022 18:14 »
What I have done with my bike today is:
Ride a circuitous route around the UK Peak District. The scenery here is superb. The roads are superb. The motorcycles in the BSAOC pelaton were superb. Even the weather was kind to us. We stopped for lunch at a really good cafe where they made their own scrummy cakes. I am now back in my accommodation having had a steaming hot shower.
Some pictures.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5U4FspRtEwzdLjtZ8

My Emily was as good as gold!

This is one of my favourite routes GB.  I know the tea rooms you mention.  Usually, because I'm near Wakefield, I go through Barnsley, Penistone, Holmfirth and across the top to Woodhead Pass, through Glossop onto the Snake Road (A58) to Ladybower then up Mortimer Road back to Penistone and home.  Total trip is around 96m and is fabulous.
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #2495 on: 10.09. 2022 20:55 »
Took the A out for a quick blast after a 20 day lay off! Needed to feel them positive vibes after taking my other bike to Spain recently. Felt good to be on a real bike that is exciting and edgy at legalish speeds. Note to self, i gonna have to buy another one so i take it off the road proper and sort out the handling! Was just 30 miles but so different from a modern. 
 *woo* *doubt* *good3* *beer* *beer*
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2496 on: 14.09. 2022 15:18 »
G'day Fellas.
Well I decided to fix the primary leak on the HD. On the 280Km ride on the w/end she lost 1.1 liters  *eek* (holds 1.4).
I never want to hear complaints about working on our A's. To do the seal on an A (s/a) may take an hour or two and back on the road. It has taken me SIX hours just to get to it  *pull hair out*. After taking out the clutch, chain & engine sprocket to get to the inner primary cover and removing the screws there was two bolts hidden behind. To get to those bolts I had to remove the seat, battery, rear guard complete with lights, lower guard, rear exhaust, starter solenoid, tool box, oil tank and most of the electrics  *rant* *bash* *countdown*
Be a few days till parts arrive so have time to cool down!
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #2497 on: 14.09. 2022 15:56 »
G'day Fellas.
Well I decided to fix the primary leak on the HD. On the 280Km ride on the w/end she lost 1.1 liters  *eek* (holds 1.4).
I never want to hear complaints about working on our A's. To do the seal on an A (s/a) may take an hour or two and back on the road. It has taken me SIX hours just to get to it  *pull hair out*. After taking out the clutch, chain & engine sprocket to get to the inner primary cover and removing the screws there was two bolts hidden behind. To get to those bolts I had to remove the seat, battery, rear guard complete with lights, lower guard, rear exhaust, starter solenoid, tool box, oil tank and most of the electrics  *rant* *bash* *countdown*
Be a few days till parts arrive so have time to cool down!
Cheers

BUGGA *ex* *ex*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
« Reply #2498 on: 14.09. 2022 16:58 »
“ It has taken me SIX hours just to get to it”

I’ve seen/suffered similar on newer cars.  Seems designing for maintainability (using a standard tool kit) is becoming a lost art.  Or is it just that CAD helps to pack more stuff into a space that really shouldn’t be quite so densely utilized.
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2499 on: 15.09. 2022 21:55 »
G'day Fellas.
Finally got the inner primary off with a lot of swearing and cursing. Last job was to remove the inner ace off the mainshaft up against the sprocket nut. I bought an extra small bearing separator and had to skim 1.5mm off the bolt heads and nuts to fit it in. Once in position I used the extension holes to use bolts against the sprocket to jack the race off.
Parts should arrive today so the task of reassembly over the weekend.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2500 on: 15.09. 2022 22:20 »
Sold it, got paid, and delivered it to it's new owner. Never want to see it again but I likely will given that the new owner is local..
{Not the A7, I hasten to add}

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2501 on: 16.09. 2022 01:26 »
Musky,

Which model BSA is that?

Richard L.

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2502 on: 16.09. 2022 07:57 »
BSA A Fat Chance...

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2503 on: 16.09. 2022 10:07 »
Whoever designed that mechanical pig's ear should have it posted from the rear.
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2504 on: 16.09. 2022 21:03 »
Posts split and moved to tech dept., *please* use this topic for general chat, any and all A7\A10 special tech subjects belongs in the tech boards. Thanks.

Ref post from 10.09.2022

To all:

As previously mentionned, the problem with the "what have you done" topic is some (many, many) tech problems\solutions threads belonging in other boards are getting buried and disapearing among 1000's of unrelated posts, missing specific title, difficult to find or follow.

Please post in the tech boards for any & all specific tech cases.

For example, one mentions whatever tech situation in this board, then immediately move over to the tech boards and create a dedicated topic with a real title. Then edit your post in this board, pasting in a link to the new topic.

Thanks
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"