Author Topic: Sale: Superior side stand, (Accy) & BSA Bates scrambler lighting kit.  (Read 614 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Sorting out stuff in storage. Stuff I wont be using thats just taking up shelf space.

#1) Superior brand accy side stand.  These were period accy's in 40s thru 1960s and 2 major types.  Zirwes and Superior products.  I am looking for the other one as I know I had several of these, but just found 1 so far.

I *THINK This is the BSA version as I *Think* the BSA one is slightly different.   Mine is "Previously enjoyed" or, as the hipsters say "Lots of Patina".  has wear on the bottom of the leg (on the ground side as well as on the backside from chafing in the up position?  Also the chrome on the leg is blackened in 2 spots and likely someone heated it with a torch but the contours follow many of the pictures online.  The bracket is in good shape but has some wear and tearing on the front side but it functions well.   So, its crusty and fresh from its slumber for the last 20 years as its been buried in inventory for a very long time.  I did some research and sadly,,years back I tossed a few of these back in the day.   *whistle* as I never thought there was any interest or demand for these.
I have since learned these are sought after and command some pretty crazy prices.   (See more info here)
http://showandgo.blogspot.com/2009/03/zirwes-and-superior-sidestands.html
Feebay shows some recent sales for between $88 to $200 and saw one last year go for $250.

Mine is availible for $120.00 US Shipped anywhere in the US with USPS and tracking. Overseas varies by location and I want to make sure there is no issues with delivery.  So, WILL be insured and I cant fudge the customs although I will state the year and Vintage part 1950s and that SHOULD keep you from being sodomized by the tax man.

#2) BSA-Bates accy lighting kit for scramblers.  MINE Is pretty crusty and beat up.  (Previously enjoyed) but it IS the real deal Bates light and bracket.  I will include a bar switch as well. Still looking for the tail light and I had one that came on a old BSA but having difficultys locating it.  If I find the tail light I will amend the ad, But at this point, The crusty old Bates headlight, the mount bracket, and a lighting switch is what I have.   Again,,, back in the day we used to just toss stuff like this.  Never thought anyone would want this stuff.   *roll* *roll*  And a bit shocked at what people pay for this stuff these days. (You can buy shiny new repops for a fraction of cost)  But I am asking $120 for mine.  Same deal, shipped anywhere in US on my dime, overseas as above and slightly more.

**NOTE** I am having camera issues and will update the photos tonight.
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline Sluggo

• Resident Legend
Still having issues.  2nd try.  Update with a picture of the side stand. I have more with close ups so PM if interested.  Also some period foot pegs.  These were typical race bike and custom period accy and most were US offerings.  Old shop inventory has not seen the light of day since 1980s.  many manuf, I have "Cherry" "Anderson" "BT&E" And "Rocky" as well as some no names. If any of these catch your fancy let me know for close ups and more details,. Plus some old race oil tanks.
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline Sluggo

• Resident Legend
*Having issues with files, standby for the light kit.  If you want close ups and more details on the stand PM me, I dont want to post up stuff there is no interest on.