Author Topic: Chronometric speedo repairs and an BSA parts suppliers experience  (Read 861 times)

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Resident Legend
Hi, just thought I'd recommend Philip Woods in Littlehampton, West Sussex for chronometric speedo repairs (http://www.chronometricspeedos.co.uk/index.html). Mine wasn't working so I obtained a quote from Philip for a complete overhaul. Sent my speedo to him earlier this summer and it was returned two weeks later working perfectly and I was charged £30 less than was quoted because he didn't have to do quite so much work as anticipated. (That's good service - and honesty).

Also, as others have done here, I'd recommend Priory Magnetos. Andrew is very knowledgeable and helpful. Prices of A7 and A10 parts are very competitive but I've found his service is second to none.

On the other hand I've only placed two orders with Feked and had problems with both. First I ordered a pair of pillion footrest rubbers (only one rubber was sent) so I had to phone to ask them to send the other. Second order included a 6-spring clutch push rod, which was far too short. When they checked their stock I was told all their 42-3108 push rods were too short so I was told to send the useless piece of steel rod back to them before they would refund me. I sent the push rod back the next day but it took them three weeks (with numerous emails and phone calls from me) for them to get around to issuing a refund via PayPal  *sad2*  and still they continued to advertise the 42-3108 push rods that I'd been told was too short  *conf* .

1960 Golden Flash

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Resident Legend
As an addendum: Read Priory Magnetos Ltd - change of business practice further down the list.

Especially important for overseas members wanting magneto or dynamo repairs, not only to save your time but also Andrews in replying.

1960 Golden Flash