Author Topic: Progress (1953 BSA golden flash)  (Read 1549 times)

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Progress (1953 BSA golden flash)
« Reply #15 on: 02.05. 2017 08:53 »
Great work cpk, she looks great. *yeah*
Hope she doesn't have the huffs after staring at the Velo sign so long  *sarcastic*
Cheers

Yes, you can see it's getting delusions of grandeur, going upmarket with it's black and gold pinstripe...

Offline rowanbsa

• Active
Re: Progress (1953 BSA golden flash)
« Reply #16 on: 03.05. 2017 20:20 »
I've managed to find a replacement rear gearbox case in which the bolts do line up. I'm going to dismantle the old box and rebuild it with the new rear case. I just hope the changes turns out as smooth and slick as the old box because it's a beauty! The rear casing that's on must have been a dodgey one unless it's come off a different bike, an A7, B31 or B33 perhaps? I haven't had it off to check the part number yet. I was under the impression all of the pre unit gearboxes were the same, just the sprocket sizes were different.
Yes you're right, there was something wrong with the alignment because there was ware on the side of the old gearbox sprocket suggesting there had been some twisting going on.

Thanks for the info about the re-bore, I've ordered some +60 pistons and taking the barrels to a place my dad knows for re-bore once they have arrived.
53 A10 plunger