Author Topic: New BSA owner saying hello  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• A's Good Friend
Re: New BSA owner saying hello
« Reply #15 on: 25.11. 2016 18:40 »
Hello Mark,

Haha, no my names not Bedfordbeeza, but I definitely a Bedford geeza !!!! Where about are you then being 10 miles away?

Cheers,
Tam

Offline Mark_789

• Active
« Reply #16 on: 25.11. 2016 21:58 »
South of you, Greenfield, near Ampthill. Despite the Swedish flag on the last post, must stop using the work laptop.

Mod edit. sorry about that, your laptop has a se ip address. Cheers

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #17 on: 26.11. 2016 06:50 »
Haha, yes I was surprised to see the Swedish flag and started wandering if there was a Bedford in Sweden   *roll* *roll*

Yes I know Greenfield, I remember looking around a classic car place over that way several times, and a very nice watermill around somewhere.  I can even say I was guilty as a young naive driver of crashing my car into the bridge at Westoning after going round the bend too fast, hitting a high curb and getting catapulted into the concrete wall, ahhh memories!!!.  I've lived around Bedfordshire almost from birth, born in Liverpool, relocated to Saudi Arabia because of my fathers work as a one year old, then back to the UK living in Barton-le-Clay for over a decade, then onto Dunstable. I then moved out, got married and bought my own cottage in Tebworth, and I'm now in Kempston.  I also have family in fltwick, Amthill and Maulden so I'm fairly deep rooted around here now. 

Anyways, welcome to the forum, what bike/project do you own ?

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #18 on: 26.11. 2016 07:11 »
Ok, just spotted your introduction post, a 53 plunger, nice  *yeah*

Offline bsady

• Active
« Reply #19 on: 26.11. 2016 08:03 »
Hi Bedfordbeeza,
I'm also new on here, like the idea of what you are doing to your bike. I'm hoping to make mine standard looking, its an A7 '54 plunger frame with a '52 Engine. and so far, found out a C15 carb!
Not too far far from you. I'm Peterborough.
I am an electrician, though not a 1950's electrician, more than happy to help if needed.
Good luck.

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #20 on: 26.11. 2016 08:27 »
Hi Andy,

Good to hear from a second local owner, two at the same time. Yes, Peterborough not far from me, we visit Stamford on occasion and it takes me 40 mins in the car.  Your bike looks good in the picture, what way do you want to go with colour etc, or do you intend to keep it as it is but highly restored?

Offline bsady

• Active
« Reply #21 on: 26.11. 2016 08:58 »
keep as is, not even going to really restore it, prev owner has done a little, just putting back the stuff thats missing and repairing stuff that needs it.

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #22 on: 26.11. 2016 09:35 »
Nice, a bit of fettling and just enjoy it.  Makes me envious, but I'll get there in the end.  My spare time is at a premium with a young daughter and a wife that expects me to help with the day to day running of the household...................so unreasonable !!!!

I bought my bike at the end of August and intended to do nothing until next year but you know how hard it is just looking.  I've sorted the forks and found the tank I was after.  I'm now getting ready to build a seat and looking to source mudguards for my winter project.  I've got some 3mm sheet steel and solo seat springs ready for my saddle and hope to start plotting out this weekend. 

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 26.11. 2016 09:57 »

G'day guys- collectively *welcome* in particular to "Plunger Club ", mines a  (stamped 23.12.52) BA10 in a recently diagnosed '56 frame BA7S191**. with various other bits'nbobs
  If you're as silly as I am, you'll love riding them, and don't worry about originality- just use 'em
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #24 on: 26.11. 2016 11:42 »
Hi DuTch,

Plunger club !!!  *smile*   And well said "Just use 'em"