Author Topic: CPC Engineering UK - recommended  (Read 3241 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
CPC Engineering UK - recommended
« on: 13.07. 2016 14:09 »
http://www.cpcengineering.co.uk

These guys, (Ian and Chris) set up their engineering business because of the often woeful quality of new parts for classic vehicles and other low volume jobs. I've been in contact with Ian; he seems to genuinely care about quality. Please bear them in mind for future engineering needs.

Here is their mission statement:
http://www.cpcengineering.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=75
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online edboy

• Resident Legend
Re: CPC Engineering UK - recommended
« Reply #1 on: 25.07. 2016 11:49 »
if only the bsa owners club had a spares scheme we would all be better off for quality spares.

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #2 on: 25.07. 2016 12:02 »
I agree, a few years ago ,when I was a member of the BSAOC ,through there forum I muted the same idea a la AJS/matchless ,Vincent and Velo but the feeling was that there was no appetite for the idea from the committee ,seems a pity being a well organised club maybe they just like keeping a healthy bank balance rather than speculate with the members funds . :-\
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
« Reply #3 on: 25.07. 2016 14:11 »
if only the bsa owners club had a spares scheme we would all be better off for quality spares.
When I was a member of the BSAOC I asked the same question. Various reasons were given for not doing so. Product liability was one the reasons supposedly. Such considerations do not seem to deter the London Douglas MC, the Vincent O C, AJS/Matchless O C, and many other clubs. That is one of the reasons why I am no longer a member. A monthly magazine was hardly worth paying an annual subscription for.

Online edboy

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 26.07. 2016 00:14 »
the norton owners club also have a good spares scheme

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 26.07. 2016 08:52 »
BSAOC: That is one of the reasons why I am no longer a member. A monthly magazine was hardly worth paying an annual subscription for.

I don't begrudge the subs as I really enjoy the BSAOC montly meets, summer camps and ride-outs. Solo riding is a bit boring!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
« Reply #6 on: 26.07. 2016 10:41 »
Greybeard, I hear what you say. I have never been into camping, and I am perfectly happy to ride out on my own. I just follow my front wheel and see where it takes me. Riding my BSA is what I enjoy and doing that is what makes me happy. I cannot say that the experience is enhanced for me by being with others niether is it diminished by riding on my own. I just love riding my bike. Each to his own!
John

Online bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 03.01. 2017 00:55 »
Happy to hear others are having a great experience with CPC Engineering.

I've recently purchased their stainless steel primary drain level and plug. Very happy with it, even sent them a email to express my thoughts, ideas and thanked them.
They were generally happy and acknowledged.
Will use them again in the future once their parts list grows.

Online bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 12.02. 2017 05:08 »
After receiving their primary chaincase drain level and plug, I asked if they would make a 1958-62 center stand pin and tube from stainless (could only find pre 1958 type in stainless).
I was going to purchase a regular one and send it to them for measurements. To my surprise they went out of their way, removed it from theirs, fabricated it and sent it to me. It's top quality, even includes stainless washers and split pins.
Very happy with it and them! Great service!

Online Bsareg

• Valued Contributor
Stainless parts
« Reply #9 on: 24.09. 2017 10:36 »
Needing some stainless parts for my a10 and goldie, I went over to CPC eng in Redruth. While there I mentioned a need for a fork stem nut (29-5291) for the C11. They said "Bring it in and we'll see if we can make it on the CNC machine". Make it they did, in superb polished stainless (and it fitted). These chaps run their own british bikes so know the problems with pattern parts. They've now put it into production so if anyone wants one, £25 delivered. Don't know their Web address but you could Google it. Usual disclaimer.
Helston, Cornwall C11,B40,B44 Victor,A10,RGS,M21,Rocket3,REBSA

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 24.09. 2017 16:54 »
I have had to return stuff to CPC. Spindle nut for A7 was too tight, A7 front spindle was too long, rear spindle I could only use half of it because the bearing was too loose . I will no longer buy stuff from CPC.
Roy.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 24.09. 2017 17:08 »
I have had to return stuff to CPC. Spindle nut for A7 was too tight, A7 front spindle was too long, rear spindle I could only use half of it because the bearing was too loose . I will no longer buy stuff from CPC.
Roy.
Did you tell them about the problems? If so, did they not offer to sort the problem for you? I cannot imagine that those guys would want to get any bad publicity.

I bought a SS rear spindle and spindle nut from them. The nut was rather tight and I didn't want to risk seizing it on to the spindle. I contacted CPC; they asked me to send back my old steel nut along with their new spindle and nut. They quickly returned my parts with a new nut that fitted just right. Postage was repaid of course. I imagine that they don't have original drawings so having a genuine old part to copy must make their life a lot easier.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online Bsareg

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 24.09. 2017 17:22 »
I've  called in at CPC for A10 and goldie bits, very impressed by their equipment and enthusiasm. They own british bikes and know the problems with pattern stuff and are determined to make parts right

Online Bsareg

• Valued Contributor
Re: Stainless parts
« Reply #14 on: 24.09. 2017 17:42 »
Sorry chaps, I intended to put this topic on the C10C11C12 forum.Note to self, don't drink so early on a Sunday.

adm edit: no problem, merged topics